Reference : 587183
- Technical Production
- United States , Little Rock , LITTLE ROCK
- Posting date : 07/30/2021
- Technical Production
- United States LITTLE ROCK
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/30/2021
CertainTeed is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Maintenance Supervisor for the Little Rock, Arkansas commercial roofing location. This is a highly visible position for a self-motivated individual, with a strong knowledge of maintenance systems, holding hourly employees accountable in a fast paced, continuous operation manufacturing environment. This position is also key in the organizations of maintenance and manufacturing team in coordinating projects, automation, facility and equipment improvements. Strong organization skills and ability to work and identify maintenance improvement programs independently is essential.
Proven ability to identify and drive continuous improvement to support automation programs and competencies. A strong interpersonal skill in working with production teams and technical operations teams is required. This position must focus on providing leadership and direct supervision, along with direction of assigned employees for all facilities and equipment maintenance including corrective maintenance, planned and preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, process improvements, and modifications to assure operating efficiency at a minimum cost while providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees.
- Directly supervise the hourly maintenance employees in the improvement and maintenance of plant equipment, buildings, machinery, utilities, etc. Communicate expectations, measure and assess employee performance, provide coaching and development of employees.
- Actively promote a safe working environment focused on full compliance of all safety, health and environmental policies and regulations. Ensure that personnel are adequately trained to perform their duties in a safe manner. Responsible for safety management including completion of periodic safety audits/inspections, safety meetings, thorough investigation of incidents, and evaluation of training needs.
- Active participation in the training and development programs for new employees. Assist in the interviewing/selection process. Provide technical support during the training process and perform periodic skills assessments to ensure performance standards are met.
- Trouble-shooting, planning & scheduling, technical support to maintenance team, procurement of parts, coordination and supervision of outside contractors.
- Requires a technical diploma or degree in the fields of engineering or manufacturing, including; mechanical, electrical, industrial that provides a thorough knowledge of the skills utilized in manufacturing improvement activities. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Supervisory experience and 5-7 prior years of related work experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- 5+ years of experience building and leading teams with a track record of success, along with the ability to develop and implement action plans.
- Requires change management, methodical/analytical problem solving and employee leadership skills with the ability to effectively apply those skills in a manufacturing facility in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Requires basic typing skills with familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, e-mail and Internet access.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems a plus.
- Ability to lead small to medium sized cross functional teams under high pressure environments.
- Proven ability to design, manage and implement projects of a technical nature.
- Demonstrated high performance history, proven ability to execute and get results
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.