Reference : 586901
- Technical Production
- United States , Shreveport , SHREVEPORT
- Posting date : 07/12/2021
- Technical Production
- United States SHREVEPORT
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/12/2021
The Operations Manager oversees all production, engineering and maintenance functions to ensure efficient and profitable manufacturing operations. This person will manage the operations process, embracing design, planning, control, performance improvement, and operations strategy. They will prepare and control departmental budgets, provide leadership in safety, 5S, housekeeping, quality and improving cost reduction. The Operations Manager contributes to the accuracy and effectiveness of the planning and goal setting process by developing, recommending, implementing and achieving operational plans, goals, budgets, and capital requirements. This position will also help develop floor supervision, promote positive labor relations and provide communication feedback to all levels of the organization. The position will report to and collaborate with the Plant Manager in strategic and capital expenditures planning.
- Achieve organizational goals, both Pillar and “Must-Win-Battles” through efficient and strategic use of resources and capacities.
- Responsible for the efficiency of the entire operation to include the asphalt plant, production lines, maintenance/facilities and engineering.
- Maintains continuous dialogue and communication with the Plant Manager as needed to keep him apprised of the status of safety, quality, production, schedules, loads, problems and opportunities available to maximize efficient operations and to enhance the overall operations of the company manufacturing operations.
- Maintains open, candid and continuous communications with personnel from all functions to ensure that essential information is disseminated to insure accomplishment of critical business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Manage, direct, plan and coordinate (through Manufacturing Superintendents and Supervisors) all production and maintenance activities in order to meet plant objectives, annual Profit Plan and monthly forecast.
- Determine effect of production load changes on plant operations. Take action(s) to adjust capacities (labor and/or equipment) to meet new production requirements.
- Review plant-operating practices insuring that safety, quality and production standards are maintained/enhanced.
- Assure appropriate working climate by maintaining proper discipline, morale and employee relations.
- Participate in planning and/or decision making in matters concerning financial and operational problems, inventory control, plant policy, Facility/Maintenance issues and staffing.
- Support the identification, development, and drive implementation of WCM, new manufacturing methods, equipment, material planning, quality improvement, and Lean and Six Sigma methods.
- Ensure adherence to all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years manufacturing experience in a management capacity is required.
- Strong working knowledge of: product structure, manufacturing processes as well as quality standards and modern manufacturing technologies and techniques, TPM (autonomous maintenance, professional maintenance and early equipment management), quality and process control including Statistical Process Control (SPC), 5S, standardized work and other Lean principles. Proficiency in Six Sigma, TPM and Lean Manufacturing concepts-WCM.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.