Reference : 586243
Continuous Improvement Supervisor
- Technical Production
- United States , Shreveport , SHREVEPORT
- Posting date : 05/14/2021
- Technical Production
- United States SHREVEPORT
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/14/2021
SUMMARY:The Continuous Improvement Supervisor provides leadership and guidance for all employees to continuously improve plant metrics to world class levels by engaging and interacting with all employees in area of responsibility. The Continuous Improvement Supervisor is responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, manage facility training regimen, documentation of the training process, and manage all operational controlled Production and Maintenance documents, with the goal of increasing standardization and improving employee competencies that aspire to an accident-free workplace, deliver superior product quality, improved operational efficiencies, generate enhanced cost savings, and deliver greater customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager and is a key member of the operations team
- Ensure that appropriate safety processes and methods are being utilized in all position
- Implement Lean / WCM principles/practices to minimize all forms of waste
- Support factory with all WCM initiatives and internal/external audits
- Identify ongoing lean improvement training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training
- Supports all production shifts and employees as required by all improvement initiatives
- Responsible to manage, develop, implement, and sustain a comprehensive WCM proficiency program for all production operators on all lines that can be managed by production supervisors
- Develop, update, and maintain standard work instructions
- Collaborate with and support the Quality Department in all Quality Training initiatives and requirements within ISO-9001; be the main liaison for quality related training requirements to support all production operators and supervisors
- Track all quality training required per specific positions
- Coordination through leadership, facilitation or support of process improvement initiatives with emphasis on reduction in Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and improvement in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Ability to measure, define, describe, document, and communicate job duties, requirements, and responsibilities to employees at varying levels of hierarchy within the organization
- Ability to carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, time studies, and job evaluations
- Ability to evaluate the current state of operations versus the goal of a future state
- Serves as 5S Plant Champion & supports 5S throughout the factory
- Train employees on JSA’s by position
- Leads Kaizen events for continuous improvement
- Support the implementation of a formal problem-solving system
- Supervise direct reports as assigned
- Responsible to fill in for Operational Supervisors or Operations Manager as requested
- Track manpower movement, attends the monthly HR manpower meeting where job placement is reviewed, to enable real-time movement from where employees are at and where they will be moving to
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong leadership skills and ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Strong change management skills to include the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles and concepts
- Ability to organize and plan use of time and people effectively and efficiently
- Ability to function, multi-task, and influence others in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written), problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills to solve practical issues and deal with a variety of changing situations; Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Training and experience in Lean manufacturing principles and Kaizen facilitation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel/Word/Power point
- Ability to travel as periodically required (up to 25%)
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.