Reference : 585595
- Technical Production
- United States , Peachtree City , PEACHTREE CI
- Posting date : 03/30/2021
- Technical Production
- United States PEACHTREE CI
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/30/2021
The Production employee is responsible for producing a quality product for our customers that supports our slogan of quality made “Certain” satisfaction guaran “Teed”. Adherence to all company safety policies and precautions while performing productions tasks and at all times when on the premises.
NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Support a zero-defect system through process control, to minimize non-quality related costs, and to improve customer satisfaction. Responsible for the quality and workmanship of department. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify, segregate, and report to supervision any non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate.
- Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of CertainTeed and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement and continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate forklifts in a safe manner. Must pass all written and driving test.
- Utilize proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to manually move bundles of product and clear jams using proper techniques to avoid injury.
- Operate shingle producing equipment for efficient operation.
- Utilize computer and manual controls to make adjustments to process.
- Clear equipment jams efficiently.
- Understand how to safely clear jams utilizing controls and manual methods.
- Operate product testing equipment.
- Utilize current testing methods and equipment to verify quality of product being produced.
- Perform operational and pre-shift start tasks/checks daily.
- Assist with start-up and backend
- Perform fire response responsibilities.
- Follow all safety precautions while performing tasks at all times.
- All areas are to be clean and clear of any debris before/after each shift, maintenance days and holidays.
- Report all EH&S incidents – Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate in the development, understanding and review of all position JSA’s
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES (SKILLS & ABILITIES): High School Diploma or GED. In addition must complete associated training programs. Interfacing with a computerized process monitoring system requires knowledge and skills in areas of computer navigation. Must have a valid forklift license and complete associated training requirements for safe operations and maintenance of forklift. Must have a valid State issued Driver’s License. Must be able to work 12 hour shift on days and nights.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work an average of 40 hours per week, speak clearly so others understand, vision acuity for this position include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Acceptance of criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations, sensitivity to other’s needs, positive demeanor, and model change management for the business. Ability to lift 65 pounds on a continual basis and regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds without assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk and hear.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Manufacturing plant is not temperature controlled; dust, fumes, and high noise areas are present inside plant areas. Manufacturing processes involve granules, sand, fiberglass, asphalt coating, crushed rock, and polypropylene. Noise levels exceed 80 dB in some areas of the site. Moving equipment such as fork lifts, buggies, genie booms and industrial sweepers travel throughout the facility, sometimes in congested areas.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.