Reference : 580555
Shipping & Inventory Control Clerk
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/10/2020
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/10/2020
Responsible for Warehouse and Shipping Inventory Control functions such that the Plants’ Objectives for Shipping/Inventory Accuracy and Customer Fulfillment Rates are being achieved using the SAP Platform. Perform a variety of shipping and receiving tasks per Saint-Gobain’s Inventory Control Guidelines and Logistics Standard Operating Procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors all Inbound and Outbound traffic throughout the facility to minimize wait times for loading and unloading.
- Trouble shooting, coordinating with Customer Service and reconciling problems involving shipments, job site issues, and customer returns.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with truck lines.
- Manage shipping lanes to maximize loading capacities while meeting customer requirements.
- Participate in Productivity, Cost Savings & Safety improvement efforts.
- Processes all Material Movement Transactions in SAP with a very high level of accuracy (Transfer Orders, Scrap and Bin to Bin Movements)
- Generate Cycle Counting tasks and reconcile inventory to ensure accurate Inventory Levels are maintained in SAP in both the Inventory and Bin Level.
- Processes return shipments from customers.
- Collaborates with others in Logistics Department to continually improve Customer Service key measurements – On-time Shipments and 14 Day Shipment Targets
- Support and Maintain Warehouse stock location system and code dates to ensure proper inventory turns and adherence to FIFO principles.
- Processes Customer Shipments using the outbound process flow in SAP that will ensure optimal location loading, efficient manpower usage and accurate inventory transactions.
- Follows the Logistics Standard Operating Procedures.
- Actively troubleshoots Order Issues with SAP
- Receives Incoming Finished Goods and Raw Materials and verifies accuracy using SAP system.
- Processes Miscellaneous paperwork & logs data.
- Provides general Customer Service to Customers and Transportation providers
- Works with Inventory System to create reports and analytical information required to resolve issues with Orders and Inventory.
- Participates Physical Inventory process
- Investigates Shipping & Inventory Errors and develops root cause analysis along with Supervisor for corrective action.
- Gives direction and guidance to Hourly Forklift Operators
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum High School Education
- 2 Years Warehouse / Supply Chain Experience
- SAP Experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of Warehouse/Shipping policies, procedures, operations and general transportation processes.
Safety & Health
Follow the CertainTeed Health and Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within Shipping/Warehouse and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE at all times. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with the 5S philosophy. Facilitate and/or participate in safety training and safety committee meetings.
Quality Assurance and Process Control:
Support a zero-defect system through process control, to minimize non-quality related costs and to improve customer satisfaction. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventative actions when appropriate.
- Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires.
- Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of CertainTeed.
- Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete.
- Make suggestions for improving product quality, processes, safety and company profitability.
Teamwork & Results
- Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of CertainTeed and employees.
- Normal Office conditions 75%
- Travel through manufacturing facility to Shipping Office 10%
- Outside conditions communicating with plant personnel 15%
and inventory activities.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.