Reference : 578121
Quality and Process Engineer
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 05/21/2020
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/21/2020
The Quality & Process Engineer will work with Manufacturing, R&D, Central Engineering, Product Management and other critical functional areas on key business projects with a specific focus on product quality and process control through process engineering activities and tools. The Quality & Process Engineer will plan and conduct experiments for current and future production processes and will have an active role in key platform development projects. Further, the Quality & Process Engineer will leverage data science tools for process modeling to achieve continual improvement in plant quality and process KPI’s. The Quality & Process Engineer will lead/assist in quality planning activities, cost reduction initiatives, capital projects, and World Class Manufacturing. This position reports to the plant Quality Manager.
- Design and implement sustained processes and improvements for new and existing products, including documentation, visual management and training.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Manufacturing personnel on the production floor to identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Maintain technical competence and keep informed on new developments in materials, process technology, and product applications to assure the most appropriate methods and materials are used.
- Troubleshoot processing problems for areas of responsibility, and implementing control & reaction procedures for operators.
- Train and develop Manufacturing facility talent in new product process tooling and equipment.
- Data collection, analysis and presentation of results/recommendations to leadership team and R&D.
- Perform process simulations.
- Assure Process Standardization to minimize variation.
- Execute Data Science projects
- Maintain high visibility on the production floor and recognize production operators as customers of work performed by engineering.
- Contribute to the design and lead the implementation of the quality management system at the facility.
- Proactively plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with established quality principles to eliminate potential sources of failure. This includes planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling and measurement systems.
- Collaborate with R&D, Manufacturing and Product Management to ensure quality standards are integrated into new products and processes so production performance and output is to the standards required.
- Lead the Change Management process at the facility to identify, prioritize and mitigate risks related to planned changes.
- Define and conduct raw material, product and process audits to ensure finished goods conform to specified requirements.
- Create and maintain local documentation of standard work, such as quality manuals, procedures and work instructions.
- Oversee and/or initiate the development of measurement tools that enable product and process evaluation.
- Administer the verification/calibration process for all process monitoring and product inspection equipment.
- Coordinate the Cost Deployment process with the controller
- Prioritize cost savings opportunities & align resources with Plant Manager
- Assure an effective project execution process is in place to have projects deliver on-time with defined savings.
- Participate in Policy Deployment for the plant, aligned with the Siding Group’s Policy Deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering with minimum 3-5 years of progressive engineering experience in manufacturing environment or Research & Development though permanent employment or internship(s).
- American Concrete Institute certification preferred.
- Must possess the ability to; (1) understand new concepts quickly; (2) determine the appropriate approach; (3) organize, schedule and coordinate work; and (4) communicate results or progress effectively.
- Experience in process engineering with concrete, and leading project teams in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems and professional ethics.
- A thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.