Reference : 571509
Electrical Tech - 2nd Shift and Overnight Shift
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/20/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/20/2019
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, and using continuous improvement tools and principles, the position is responsible to learn, understand, troubleshoot, repair, replace, install, and modify all of the electrical components and control systems in our facility, using AC/DC circuitry, schematics, programmable controllers, and following the National Electric Codes and Standards at a basic level. This position is also responsible to repair, maintain, troubleshoot and improve existing extrusion equipment from a electrical standpoint, which is used in the production of CertainTeed’s BuffTech Fence, EverNew Rail and Decking products.
Safety is critical to every position and person within CertainTeed and within the Buffalo plant. There is no task or assignment performed without safety at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. The business has an absolute commitment to safety above all else. The position will be expected to use continuous improvement principles and tools to improve safety, quality, service, and efficiency of our operations.
- Install, maintain, repair, and adjust electrical components, controls and equipment in accordance with applicable codes and standards such as but not limited to drives, PLC’s, etc.
- Troubleshoot, locate and repair electrical malfunctions, utilizing proper tools and testing instruments.
- Create, install, and modify routing programs on CNC routers.
- Safely repair production and fabrication equipment such as but not limited to saws, pullers, routers, pumps, blowers, motors, loading systems, etc.
- Evaluate and address electrical problems of production and fabrication equipment in the facility.
- Administrative Duties: Processing work orders, sign out parts using scan gun, ordering parts through PO system
- Follow up on repairs made to ensure repair is working and production and fabrication needs have been met
- Order parts needed to repair equipment in order to eliminate any equipment downtime.
- Communicate any delays anticipated in repairs that may impact safety, service, quality, cost
- Housekeeping: responsible for maintaining safe, clean and clutter free work areas
- Complete Annual Safety Training and any additional required training specific for the position
- Education: HS Diploma plus additional training/education in mechanical, electrical, and machining). A 2- year degree in an electrical field or 2 years’ experience as an electrical technician in a manufacturing environment required.
- Certifications: Required to attain NFPA-70E Electrical Certification within 3 months of start date (in position), if not already completed.
- Certified and authorized to apply Lockout/Tagout.
- Training: Must successfully complete forklift and scissor lift training,
- Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints
- Ability to use multi-meter, scope meter, and other electrical testing equipment, etc….
- Proficiency in computer using Excel, Word, Outlook, and other software applications required to complete job assignments, process work orders, order parts.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot equipment problems and identify root cause, and recommend solutions, verify that the solution has eliminated the problem
- Recognize recurring problems and work to eliminate them.
- Use continuous improvement principles to improve our safety, quality, service, and efficiency.
- Good organizational skill and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work well with all employees
Able to work independently and as a team member (dependent on the task assigned
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.