Reference : 570364
Maintenance Technician-3rd Shift
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 07/12/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/12/2019
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Leader, the Maintenance Shift Technician is required to support the maintenance organization and process, the Maintenance Shift Technician is responsible for ensuring plant equipment performs reliably. The technician will be working closely with other Maintenance Teams and Production personal to ensure the plant equipment performs to the need of the plant. The Maintenance Leader will define other duties and responsibilities.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
- Responsible for ensuring all plant equipment is maintained and reliable. Must ensure that the equipment is working properly and it meets the needs of the dept.
- Responsible for the reactive maintenance requirements of all depts.
- Responsible for routine identification of equipment reliability issues and supporting action plans to correct.
- Develop critical spares lists and recommended stocking levels for equipment.
- Work closely with Maintenance Leadership to integrate preventive and predictive maintenance programs into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Required to participate in skills training improvement plans.
- Provide support to other departmental process improvement initiatives.
- Actively participate in departmental safety and housekeeping programs.
- Support changing work schedules to coincide with equipment availability, craft training and resource demands.
- Responsible for daily forklift safety inspections and completion of checklist sheets
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping skills to assure a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Must have basic computer literacy in order to enter production data daily.
- Other accountabilities as assigned by the Maintenance Leader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Maintenance Shift Technician must have:
- High level of mechanical or electrical knowledge.
- Knowledge of plant equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance practices.
- Highly engaged in World Class Manufacturing processes and improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good computer skills.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have ability to operate electronic calculator to accomplish these tasks.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.