Reference : 569909
Maintenance Electrical Supervisor
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/22/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/22/2019
CertainTeed, part of the Saint-Gobain family of companies, is looking for a Maintenance Electrical Supervisor for its Jonesburg, MO plant location. Primarily, a Maintenance Electrical Supervisor facilitates maintenance activities by leading a team of electricians and is accountable for managing the overall electrical maintenance of the plant. Additionally, you would prepare work schedules for electricians, plan scheduled maintenance, supervise unscheduled repair activities, and lead all aspects of the electrical department. Safety is a central focus for our plants, and we expect that as a supervisor in one of our plants, you will ensure all safety standards are met. You will also maintain a positive working relationship with other supervisors, plant leadership, engineering team and internal/external customers.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Responsible to train and schedule workers in the electrical department and will ensure advise team for improving the reliability of the production equipment.
- Must prioritize work orders and work schedules to ensure the best utilization of man-hours and supplies.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex PLC problems and quickly analyzing data and determine best solution.
- Ensures Preventive maintenance (PM’s) are accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Lead 5S activities in the department to improve efficiency, functionality, cleanliness, and safety.
- Write purchase requisitions for supplies and parts needed to maintain the production line and other equipment in the facility.
- Assist storeroom supervisor to ensure adequate supply of needed spare parts are on-hand.
- Track and approve employee work-hour tracking using electronic clocking program (Kronos).
- Coordinate with Human Resources to coach/discipline employees when required and conduct performance appraisals for electrical employees to document past performance and set upcoming goals.
- Report all EH&S incidents – Injuries/Recordables, Near Misses, First Aid, Environmental and Property/Equipment Damage.
- Conduct weekly SMAT Audits.
- Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
- Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Participate in the development, understanding and review of all position JSA and SOP’s.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an electrical or industrial engineering and/or 5 years’ equivalent maintenance experience in an electrical discipline.
- Three to five years’ direct maintenance supervisory experience, building and leading teams with a track record of success, along with the ability to develop and implement action plans.
- Change management, methodical/analytical problem solving and employee leadership skills with the ability to effectively apply those skills in a manufacturing facility in a leadership capacity.
- Lead a small to medium sized cross functional team under high stress situations and remain sensitive to other’s needs, display a positive demeanor and effectively lead changes for the business.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiently operate powered hand tools and demonstrated ability to clear or reset alarms on the process HMI’s. Must also be able to operate powered equipment such as forklifts, man lifts, scissor lifts & skid steers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of computer systems and programs, especially proficient in Microsoft Office applications, e-mail and Internet access navigation.
- Must be fluent in SAP or similar Maintenance Management System. Working knowledge of electrical systems a plus.
- Demonstrated high performance history, proven ability to execute and get results.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001, is a plus, including continual improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, and Six Sigma.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.