Reference : 565009
Project Electrical Engineer
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 02/12/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 02/12/2019
Provide Project Development and Management to improve safety, improve process operations, and reduce costs.
Project Development encompasses the following: defining the problem, designing or engineering the solution, writing the project scope, obtaining cost estimates, and submitting the request for the capital funds.
Project Management encompasses the execution of the project: Determining qualified contractors for the project, bidding project, analyzing and selecting the contractor, managing the contractor during installation, monitoring and controlling project spending, starting up project, interaction with users to develop punch list, and project closure.
Provide Electrical Engineering support to others doing projects in the department as well as the plant operations and maintenance departments.
Provide Electrical Engineering interface between Technology Group projects and the plant.
- Project concept development and design. Prepare drawings and installation scope of work.
- Prepare project Appropriation Request (AR) and installation timetable.
- Select a contractor by competitive bidding and manage the installation and start-up of the project.
- Update drawings and train personnel on use and maintenance of new or modified equipment.
- Set up spare parts schedules for newly designed equipment and support the Maintenance department in the development of PM programs.
Decision making and problem solving should be based on Electrical Engineering and Economic principles. All designs and installation should follow National Electric Code (NEC), as well as Company specifications for electrical installations and machine electrical fabrication. Safety should always be a priority.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and spread the use of WCM tools within the department.
- Support WCM in the development of projects and of PMs for installed equipment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in a manufacturing facility.
- Proficiency with: high, medium and low voltage power distribution, process control instrumentation including DCS application and configuration experience, programmable controller based control systems (preferably Allen-Bradley PLC-5 and Control Logix controllers), AC variable speed drive systems.
- Design using computer aided drafting and design.
- The ability to generate support documents using word processing and spreadsheets.
- Interpersonal skills sufficiently developed to interact with plant personnel, other plants, suppliers, and contractors to find and implement solutions to problems.
- Good communicator and listener with the ability to instruct and get work done through others including the maintenance department and outside contractors.
- Ability to think clearly under stressful situations such as when the production line is down and quickly recommending solutions to solve the problem.
- Individual must interact effectively throughout different levels of the organization, including hourly plant associates, Finance and Operations teams.
- Position can require long hours to meet project deadlines or emergency situations, including weekends if necessary. Travel may be required for training, equipment checkout and testing, and potential project or emergency work in other CertainTeed plants.
- Should be able to walk, climb ladders and stairs to any point in or on the buildings and structures or on the grounds for the purpose of evaluating the condition of any part of the facility or reviewing the progress of work being done.
- Occasional work days of 12 to 16 hours during down days, during a project startup, or plant periodic rebuild.
- Work competently with hand tools when required.
- Occasional travel to vendors, other plants, seminars and equipment exhibitions.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.