Reference : 558759
- Technical Production
- United States , Jackson , Jackson
- Posting date : 07/27/2018
- Technical Production
- United States Jackson
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/27/2018
The position provides timely electrical repair, electrical preventative maintenance service and electrical projects as assigned to the Jackson Plant. This electrical repair and preventative maintenance includes the blending department, production, extrusion processes, and all other electrical systems and equipment within the Jackson Plant.
- Ensure conformance with OSHA standards and procedures.
- Assist building inspector with routine electrical inspections.
- Complete assigned projects and tasks as required by management.
- Answer line calls to troubleshoot any electrical process or extrusion problems.
- Quote time frames for electrical work and project completion.
- Create electrical schematics or blueprints for new electrical installations, and update existing prints.
- Performed advanced programming work on computer control systems of plant equipment.
- Perform all preventative maintenance on electrical systems and parts.
- Train and develop electrical apprentices.
- Configure, repair, or modify all Plant electrical equipment, including extrusion and blending equipment.
- Maintain equipment and systems through preventative maintenance to minimize downtime and maximize life.
- Respond to assigned work requests and maintenance emergencies to resolve maintenance issues by troubleshooting and providing corrective maintenance support.
- Perform general repair to equipment and systems requiring practical skill and industrial manufacturing knowledge (i.e. pneumatic and hydraulic circuits, power transmission systems).
- Perform project work as assigned.
- Source vendors for best electrical component prices, contact vendors, and arrange for outside electrical work as needed.
- Responsible for central system. Back up programs and hardware.
- Complete purchase orders for necessary parts from tool crib area and outside vendors as needed.
- Complete any required training.
- Meet the needs of internal customers by performing quality repairs in a timely fashion, ensuring finished goods continue to reach external customers.
- On a rotating basis, on call duties with other E-Techs.
- Maintenance shop housekeeping.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
The position works within parameters as defined by CertainTeed, government, and local policy and procedure, and is expected to determine the best solution to production, blending, and equipment electrical repair and maintenance needs. The position is expected to provide guidance and instruction to electrical apprentices and journeymen, and relies on knowledge and previous experience to resolve electrical maintenance issues. The position refers deviations in protocol to the Maintenance Supervisor for approval.
All employees in this position must have a journeyman’s card.
Position Requirements and Physical Demands
The position may be required to travel infrequently to troubleshoot other manufacturing facility issues. This position requires that the position be able to move heavy objects safely, not to exceed 100 pounds, may use assistance such as a dolly, forklift, or team member assistance. There are also frequent and prolonged periods of standing/walking and pushing /pulling or moving/lifting supplies. This position experiences frequent/occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching and climbing ladders or stairs. This position is located within a vinyl siding manufacturing facility and requires the position can work in an environment that can be noisy and dusty. The ability to withstand heat and chemical odors is also required. The possession of or ability to obtain licensure for a motor vehicle and lift truck is required. Must comply with all safety requirements including use of the personal protection equipment required for this position.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.