Reference : 553297
Extruder Operator Helper A
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 07/24/2018
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/24/2018
Safety is of primary importance to this and all positions. The Extruder Operator Helper ‘A’ is primarily responsible to pack product and assist in production line operations, maintains well organized and clean work station and update required documentation to insure a quality product. Dependability is an essential part of this job as well as the ability to team with co-workers.
- Perform job in a safe manner following all rules/ regulations and training. Perform daily safety inspection and report all unsafe conditions or Near Miss events immediately. Wear all PPE as required. Use hand tools as intended. Follow all environmental and housekeeping requirements, properly dispose of trash, regularly sweep keeping material, oil and water off floors and keep contaminated material from entering process water system. Insure that line is cleaned prior to end of work shift.
- Package product per specification- make boxes, correctly code labels, properly configure and nest product, glue and secure packaging, configure and build product onto pallet, insert slip sheets, band product to pallet and insure that product is secure before warehousing.
- Assist in operation of production line. Manage pigment containers, regrind totes, ASA/ Centrex feed, hoses to silos, daybins and hoppers. Operate peripheral line equipment- grinder, cutter and boxing table. Assist in clearing of jams/ sawing material from machine works, pull/ segregate bacon strips, manage line sags, purge lines, re-string lines, make product/ color changes, interchange sizers and properly segregate/ rack regrind and isolate contaminated material to scrap. Insure inventory of boxes, banding, glue and labels is maintained on line. Change over boxing table on product changes.
- Perform to all quality expectations, isolate/ report all defects, insure that product meets all dimensional and cosmetic standards, abide by all ISO 9001 systems, adhere to all MADE standards and follow SPC guidelines.
- Accurate- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly is essential.
- Communication (Oral) - Ability to communicate with Supervisor, Extruder Operator and Set-ups, co-workers and managers effectively is essential.
- Decision Making- Ability to make decisions while following all Company safety rules and procedures is essential especially, when working in and around moving high speed equipment.
- Detail Orientated- Ability to note minute detail impacting product quality and packaging is critical.
- Honesty/Integrity- The trait of being truthful and credible within the workplace is essential.
- Organized- Ability to follow a systematic method to package product and build pallets, maintaining a clean, well organized work area and insuring proper stock levels for boxes, bands, glue and labels is critical.
- Problem Solving- Ability to proactively find solutions or manage work related problems is important.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy is essential.
- Team Building- Ability to convince coworkers to participate in safety, quality and service initiatives in effort to promote Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and capture cost savings is essential.
- Working Under Deadline- Ability to complete assigned tasks and maintain production output standards and improving yield under specified deadlines is critical.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) Required
- Entry level position. Related manufacturing or trade school experience is a plus. Use of hand tools, measuring devices and computer skills is desirable.
2-2-3 /12 hour rotating shift / 6a - 6p and 6p - 6a
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012. www.certainteed.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran