Reference : USA06946
WCM Reliability Engineer
- United States , Remote
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
What’s the job?
The WCM Reliability Engineer will be responsible for investigating and problem-solving plant reliability issues utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and principles. This position will support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning, scheduling, and at times execution of maintenance activities to drive improved, sustainable plant reliability in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Roofing Product Group Objectives. The WCM Reliability Engineer will also teach, coach, and mentor in the implementation and support of WCM Reliability Pillar routines and routes.
- Reports directly to the WCM Champion - Reliability.
- Travel across multiple Roofing sites to support the business level objectives and goals.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing new process systems, revising / maintaining existing processes; developing and implementing WCM Reliability Yellow Belt projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants, and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost / benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing expense & capital expenditures.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Performs root cause analysis (RCA) and implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to downtime.
- Ensures Professional Maintenance is accomplished in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Work with Plant Resources (ex: Engineering, Maintenance, Production) to develop a Preventive Maintenance process that ensures improved reliability.
- Interacts with plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Works closely with Plant Resources (ex: Engineering, Maintenance, Production) to coordinate any proposed changes using the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Support Plant-level WCM teams with Continuous Improvement events as needed.
- Develops and implements standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM, Technical Office, and/or Project Management Office (PMO) standards.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), flow charts, and Bill of Materials required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment part of a reliability project.
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), SAP.
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance through teaching, coaching, and mentorship of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained. Executes training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and loss information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability.
- On-site presence required when the plants have excursions in their reliability performance. (Up to 75% travel)
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of applied professional experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% within the U.S.
- Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Proficiency of Continuous Improvement, TPM, WCM pillar principles & methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- The job requires actively influencing and motivating a variety of people in changing and challenging situations. Strong influencing skills are needed as selling WCM is accomplished by gaining acceptance.
Who are we ?
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.