Reference : USA05594
Shift Supervisor - Rotating Shifts
- United States , Kansas , KANSAS CITY
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
The Production Supervisor directly supervises the hourly employees assigned to the production areas of the plant, ensuring the team works in a safe and efficient manner, while producing high quality products in accordance with the production schedule and quality metrics. The leader of this team will utilize people skills and various team-building methods to create a culture of accountability and pride in workmanship in their direct reports.
This role is directly responsible for promoting a safe and clean working environment and ensuring proper PPE and tools are available and utilized. You will support the employees with training and job knowledge; and ensure they are accountable for their contributions in their assigned work roles. This position will be measured against specific KPIs, such as safety and quality performance, production line uptime and prime pounds produced, and labor spending.
- Directly supervise a union hourly workforce of employees in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (contract), communicate performance expectations, hold employees accountable to those expectations, and coach and develop employee capabilities.
- Identify opportunities and implement corrective actions to improve safety, quality, productivity, labor and spending performance, through development of teams, tracking performance, data interpretation and other problem solving tools.
- Fill in required job information in IN4.0RM. Complete daily production and material usage reports. Update and maintain time and attendance and payroll data and administer coaching, training, group expectations or discipline as needed.
- Ensures employees have received appropriate safety training and conform to all safety policies, rules and regulations, challenging behavior as it relates to working unsafely.
- Ensures all quality specifications are met and maintained.
Rotating Shift Schedule with Shift Supervisors arriving 30 minutes early and remaining 30 minutes after shift for a smooth hand-off to the next shift.
Day shift begins Saturday and works through Friday 7:30a – 3:30p
Off Saturday through Tuesday
Returns Wednesday night 11:30p – 7:30a off Wednesday and Thursday
Returns Friday afternoon at 3:30p works through Thursday. Off Friday
Begins day shift rotation again on Saturday.
What do you bring?
- Bachelors of Science degree in technical field is required, or equivalent of industry work experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of prior experience supervising employees in a unionized work environment, continuous process manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong communication, leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills, and team building skills, along with the ability to facilitate action plans.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to help fix problems quickly to keep production running.
- Proven managerial and leadership skills that will motivate and direct a large group of employees, and the skills to effectively support a diverse group of people.
- Current computer skills, both in PC and control systems, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
Who are we ?
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle