Reference : USA03847
Production Supervisor - Extrusion
- Technical Production
- United States , New York , BUFFALO
- Permanent / Regular
“This Job Matters” - What’s the job?
The CertainTeed, LLC – Buffalo team is seeking a Extrusion/Production Supervisor to supervise the day to day operation of the extrusion department. Areas include extrusion, grinding, blending, and wood shop / recycle. At times, this person may be responsible for employees in die maintenance, quality, or maintenance.
Primary responsibility is to ensure the safe production of all FRD profiles. Areas of focus include safety, quality, service, efficiency, 5S - Workplace Organization and Housekeeping, inventory accuracy, and training. The supervisor must provide direction and leadership by communicating expectations and holding employees to those expectations.
60% of Time:
- Supervise daily operations.
- Ensure that all employees work safely, report and correct unsafe conditions or behaviors.
- Make work assignments and prioritize work based on the schedule.
- Assist employees with problem identification and correction, employee development, corrective feedback.
- Communicate between shifts and departments. Seek out assistance when necessary.
10% of Time:
- Monitor daily operation and audit the process (safety, quality, setups, startups, changeovers
- 5S – Workplace Organization and Housekeeping, tools, etc)
- KPI’s (OEE, Uptime, Yield, Rate)
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis (3L5Y)
20% of Time:
- Actively participate in plant improvement using project management, utilizing tools such as Kaizen, TPM, etc.
- Assure changes are understood and sustained.
- Communicate information within and between shifts.
- Attend and actively participate in required meetings
10% of Time:
- Performance appraisals, employee development, corrective feedback, recordkeeping, payroll, and training, disciplinary actions
“Your Skills Matter” -What do you bring?
- 4-year Degree or equivalent experience
- Shift Hours - 11pm-7:30am
- The incumbent must have the capacity and willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- The incumbent must be able to determine root causes for problems and implement solutions.
- The Extrusion Supervisor may be required to assist other Departments when necessary.
- This position requires significant thought. This supervisor works directly with employees producing extruded product and has shared responsibility for quality and blending functions. This position is governed by established plant practices and rules (i.e. policies and procedures). This supervisor has support from other plant personnel including the Plant Engineer, plant maintenance staff, Quality Manager and Senior Process Engineer. The Area Supervisor is also responsible for developing and implementing new procedures and standard for new and existing products to enhance quality and productivity and resolve problems.
- Coordinate the workflow of several work centers
- Manning decisions and schedule prioritization.
- 50% of work would be structured and 50% independent thinking.
- Decide when assistance from other supervisors, managers, engineers, etc is required and actively seek them out to help resolve issues.
- Five years of manufacturing experience, ideally in a lead or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, coach, develop and keep safety the priority.
- Prior plastics industry experience is desired.
- Recognized commitment to service, quality,and the ability to assist in leading teams to achieve common goals
- Ability to travel on occasion
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.