Reference : USA01424
- United States , New York , BUCHANAN
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
Hiring for Afternoon Shift (3:00pm-11:00pm) and Overnight Shift (11:00pm-7:00am), however new Technicians will temporarily work Day Shift (7:00am-3:00pm) during the new hire training period.
Ensure that all mechanical and electrical devices remain at a fully functional capacity. Trouble shoot, maintain and make all repairs necessary for the safe and efficient operations of a manufacturing facility. Know, understand, and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of safe operating procedures, including housekeeping requirements.
Mechanic Job Expectations
- Must be able to perform equipment inspections and identify whether equipment/components are within acceptable tolerances for uninterrupted service.
- Must be able to perform routine repairs and preventative maintenance task(s) assigned with a minimal amount of instruction or supervision.
- Must maintain neat and accurate records of plant processes, corrective and preventative maintenance performed and recommendations if warranted.
- Must clearly demonstrate the ability to identify potential hazards associated with maintenance assignments.
- Must be able to recognize and know the operating principles of these additional machine assemblies and parts:
- Screw and belt conveyors
- Rotary valves
- Gear boxes
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the following:
- Proper use of hand tools & measuring Instruments (calipers, micrometers, gauges)
- Plumbing Materials and Methods
- Welding Materials and Methods (welding tasks for training will be assigned)
- Oxygen Acetylene and Plasma Cutting
- Machining equipment (drill press, band saw, press, basic lathe, basic milling machine)
- Nomenclature, types, and proper installation of belts, chains, sheaves, sprockets, bushings, couplings
- Must be able to read and understand advanced mechanical blueprint
Electrical Job Requirements
- Must have a thorough understanding of HMI ‘s (Human Machine Interface) within the facility, and be able to upload and download associated programs.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of facility instrumentation and be capable of performing setup, programming, and adjustments
- Troubleshoot to the compartment level of drives and electronics.
- 5 to 10 years related maintenance experience preferred
- Experience in a continuous manufacturing environment a plus
- Mechanical / electrical certifications
- Aptitude with mechanical drawings a plus
- Experience in
- circuits and wiring
- conveyor systems
- machine lubrication
This is an hourly paid position included within the bargaining unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers , Local 30. Benefits are offer, as well as competitive hourly rates (starting $32.08 with potential for increase when obtaining additional mechanical/electrical designations) .
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.