Reference : 587563
Process Engineer I
- Technical Production
- United States , Nashville , NASHVILLE
- Posting date : 08/30/2021
- Technical Production
- United States NASHVILLE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/30/2021
The Process Engineer* I will assist with Process Innovation through close collaboration with CertainTeed and Saint-Gobain support groups in a manner consistent with CertainTeed’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). Utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) principles, this position will focus on product formulation, process development and optimization, equipment design and optimization, general project engineering, and trial planning and execution.
This position will allow for a unique opportunity of gaining experience and contributing to process engineering, project engineering and technical projects. These experiences will allow the Process Engineer* I to effectively contribute to designing and optimizing process equipment by knowing what is required for the process while understanding process and equipment gaps.
- Reports directly to the Quality Manager.
- Participates in WCM project teams which analyze process variations; develop solutions, and implements corrective actions by using advanced statistical tools in identifying and resolving the root causes of the variations in the process.
- Responsibilities include designing / developing new process systems, revising existing processes, and developing and coordinating the implementation of projects, which contribute substantially to plant profitability.
- Responsible for safely and successfully executing projects, documenting, and with assistance from supervisor communicating progress and results through reports, presentations etc.
- With supervision, will complete process and equipment related projects and work towards independent project responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains close relationships with key suppliers for equipment and materials relevant to specific project needs.
- Develops equipment specifications to provide technical solutions to WCM standards.
- Value Engineer options to maximize benefit / cost ratio and make design recommendations.
- Ensure CertainTeed’s standards of safety, quality and reliability are build into process and equipment solutions utilizing WCM principles.
- Provides support to project teams during delivery phase and commissioning of equipment.
- Develops and encourage innovative processes and equipment concepts along with follow through to Return on Investements’s (ROI) patents and / or proprietary intellectual property.
- Identifies safety, cost and quality opportunities and develop solutions of corrective actions.
- Participates and runs trials to evaluate equipment, process and raw material opportunities.
- Analyzes operating problems, develops solutions and implements corrective actions.
- May assist with training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Complies with all environmental standards, assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
- May assist with product development, capital projects, process implementation and commissioning, and regulatory affairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of focused improvement (FI) or Kaizen.
- Previous AutoCAD experience.
- Understanding of mass & energy balance, flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), fluid properties and thermodynamics.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.