Reference : 585342
- Technical Production
- United States , Seattle , SEATTLE
- Posting date : 03/09/2021
- Technical Production
- United States SEATTLE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/09/2021
The Maintenance Engineer* I will be responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and principles. This position will also support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability in a manner consistent with CertainTeed’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO).
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and services with a goal of world class yield, availability and reliability.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implement sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Works closely with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM / Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained.
- Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of Reliability.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
- Research, purchase, inventory, logistics and maintenance of spare parts stores area.
- Development of detailed maintenance tasks.
- Maintains various department records, files, reports and equipment ledgers.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applied professional maintenance experience and aptitude in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, MS Project and AutoCAD LT.
- Experience in grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets
- Familiar with PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic).
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.