Reference : 584766
Performance Improvement Manager
- Technical Production
- United States , Seattle , SEATTLE
- Posting date : 01/22/2021
- Technical Production
- United States SEATTLE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/22/2021
CertainTeed Gypsum is hiring a Performance Improvement Manager provides the leadership for employees to implement a continuous improvement culture throughout the Seattle, WA site.. This will be done through direct leadership of the Performance Team and collaborative efforts to provide process support, directly or through subordinates using Lean/Continuous Improvement principles & WCM tools. As a member of the plant management team, He / She will lead performance improvement efforts in a manner to achieve maximum productivity and operating efficiencies within safety, quality, service, and cost standards. The Performance Improvement Manager will be responsible for the team's performance and is accountable for improving the applicable standards in the plant.
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a vital member of the plant management team. If required, he/she will be responsible for filling in as the plant manager in his or her absence.
- Works in an effective and cross-functional manner with all members of the plant management team with the primary focus of improving and sustaining performance to meet plant business objectives.
- Directs Performance Team by coaching for optimal performance and providing leadership and information needed to empower employees to achieve corporate, plant, department, and individual goals, from both an immediate and long-term perspective.
- Ensures Performance Team members are properly trained, and their skills are regularly assessed to identify developmental needs are addressed.
- Understand, demonstrate, teach, & apply Lean principles & WCM tools across all functions and areas of the plant.
- Act as a plant change agent, leading & coordinating the Company Lean, WCM, and Continuous Improvement transformation.
- Guides Performance Team to teach and promote the use of Lean principles & WCM tools.
- Regularly communicates progress of plant goals to all department employees and adjust team expectations to meet plant performance needs
- Prioritize Continuous Improvement initiatives and focus Improvement projects and activities per plant strategy
- Identify plant losses through the collection, stratification, and analysis of data to facilitate and contribute to the cost deployment process
- Ensure "de-selection" of Continuous Improvement initiatives that are not aligned with the business strategy.
- Coordinate project plans for all site or functional Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Develop and report key metrics that track the progress of Continuous Improvement initiatives versus goals.
- Development &/or customization of training materials for classroom & factory floor settings.
- Participate in new product development projects as it pertains to the plant.
- Participate in all plant Continuous Improvement events and report-outs
- Interface effectively with Corporate Continuous Improvement Leaders, other Performance Improvement leaders, external consultants, and training organizations.
- Responsible for the cost deployment and the ties to the Manufacturing Business Plan.
- He/She will participate in the appropriation of capital expenses in coordination with the plant manager.
- He/She will have latitude for non-reviewed actions and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion with established policies and procedures. Responsible for department budget and performance
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, industrial management, or related technical discipline preferred; Five (5) years of equivalent experience that provides a comprehensive working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices, and procedures of a lean/world-class manufacturing operation may be substituted for a degree.
Six to eight (6-8) years of applied professional experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Three to four (3-4) years of direct or indirect supervisory experience.
Prior Lean experience with a working knowledge of the Toyota Production System and World-Class principles and practices.
Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all levels of the organization utilizing different styles of Management; as the situation arises.
Project Management skills.
Change management skills.
Strong influencer with conflict management skills.
Results-driven, flexible, and open-minded with excellent written and oral communication.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Three (3) years of proven applied professional experience in Lean / World Class principles and practices with a working knowledge of the Toyota Production System
Proven ability to apply lean concepts across entire value stream from supplier to consumer
Solid understanding of all business processes, including customer order patterns, raw material staging, material flow, finished goods delivery, plant design, and safe work practices.
Demonstrated success in organizing & executing complicated projects
Previous experience in the gypsum industry
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.