Reference : 584319
- Technical Production
- United States , Seattle , SEATTLE
- Posting date : 12/09/2020
- Technical Production
- United States SEATTLE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 12/09/2020
Consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum Vision, Mission, Values, and Objectives, this position is responsible for the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability. It requires hands-on supervision maintenance employees in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant equipment, buildings, machinery, etc. This position is responsible for both mechanical and electrical aspects of the operation. Will be a leader of Professional Maintenance (PM) oriented improvement projects in area of responsibility involving the incorporation of World Class Manufacturing techniques and principles into all maintenance systems.
The Seattle Manufacturing Facility has two manufacturing lines and three primary production areas (Line 1, Line 2, Stucco Preparation Area) with additive and auxiliary areas.
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures
- Accountable for safe maintenance activities including following and enforcing all safety procedures and encouraging a positive safety environment within the plant. Follows and teaches safety systems and procedures to employees and contractors. Performs safety audits as assigned
- Supports and spreads the use of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools within the department and supports WCM teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees. Selects, trains and schedules technicians for work assignments. Plans, schedules and monitors assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities
- Creates and drives Professional Maintenance (PM) program that ensures high quality standards and sustained reliability and resolved identified issues (i.e. process, safety, reliability, cost-savings, etc.) Ensures PM’s are accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality
- Interacts with all level of plant employees and contractors to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects in a timely manner
- Coordinates maintenance activities with internal and external customers to minimize plant downtime and maximize safety. Works with Engineering and other functional areas with regards to any proposed changes using the change management system. Plan, utilize and manage outside contractors as necessary.
- Maintains, uses and trains CMMS system
- Drives 5S in maintenance shop
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards.
- Performs root cause analysis and uses WCM implements efficient and effective countermeasures
- Works closely with all stakeholders to coordinate approved process changes (mechanical, technical, safety, etc.) using change management system
- Develops, maintains and revises standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems associated with WCM
- Prepares, maintains and revises Data Sheets, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the reliable and efficient operation of plant equipment
- Support and update the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) as required
- Adhere to and support Purchasing policies including, but not limited to: Invoice Online (IOL), project and spare parts bidding, comparing contractor service and material quotes, preparing purchase requisitions and revise as necessary
- Supports Professional Maintenance (PM) system through training of mechanics and electricians
- Collects, analyzes and stratifies accurate data and information from various sources to present solutions and countermeasures as needed. Supports continuous improvement systems as required
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives
- Reports to work on regular and consistent basis
- Backs up department as required and performs other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists department with research, purchases, inventories, logistics and maintenance of new spare parts
- Development of detailed maintenance tasks
- Attends meetings and gives presentations as required
- Maintains various department records, files, reports and equipment ledgers
- Responsible for purchasing card and monthly statement reconciliation.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or similar discipline or five (5) years of equivalent maintence experience in an industrial setting
- 3-5 years’ direct maintenance supervisory experience in an Industrial Environment
- Passion for detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, teaming skills, listening skills, ability to organize and retrieve information, and to handle people tactfully and effectively in situations involving various educational and employment levels.
- Able to learn and effectively use local business systems and CMMS systems.
- Be flexible to adapt to changing and varying work requirements. Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Collaborative and supportive of Plant and Central initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Mechanical knowledge and understanding of common used machinery: conveyors, feeders, mixers, dryers, pumps etc.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Applied professional maintenance experience and aptitude in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, MS Project and AutoCAD LT
- Experience in grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting
- Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets
- Familiar with PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic
Assist with budget, project and capital expenses as requested
Works in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes. Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs. May require long hours, and weekend and holiday work. May require travel by air and rental cars.
Must be able to spend a significant amount of time on plant floor. Job includes tasks that require walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. Job may require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, working on a computer or engaging in telephone conversation. Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.