Reference : 571486
Maintenance Engineer II
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/19/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/19/2019
CertainTeed Gypsum in Roxboro, North Carolina has an immediate need for an experienced Maintenenance Engineer. This position will be responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) techniques and principles. The Maintenance Engineer will support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO). The position will also provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant process modifications.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and services with a goal of world class yield, availability and reliability.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing new process systems, revising / maintaining existing processes; developing and implementing WCM projects, managing and guiding contractors, consultants and suppliers; identifying new opportunities and solutions with cost/ benefit analysis and making recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Uses basic Focused Improvement (FI) tools to solve special cause maintenance issue.
- Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Works closely with Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures, and work instructions.
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to WCM / Early Equipment Management (EEM) standards.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained. Provides training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of reliability.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, purchase, inventory, logistics and maintenance of spare parts stores area.
- Development of detailed maintenance tasks.
- Maintains various department records, files, reports and equipment ledgers.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
- Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of WCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to understand operating principles of our major process equipment (detail level, grade dependent).
- Project cost estimating, competitive bidding, critical path scheduling, resource funding, and capital funding.
- Application of combustion analysis, mass & energy balance, machine & fluid dynamics.
- Minor structural, building design improvements.
- PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic) and AutoCAD LT.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.