Reference : 571367
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 08/13/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/13/2019
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor facilitates the development of high performance teams within the plants. Production Supervisor is also responsible for creating a culture of engagement within and between the teams to directly impact and consistently meet plant objectives and deliverables. This position is also accountable for ensuring that high performance teams work collaboratively in the decision making processes and that the decisions are in alignment with plant goals and objectives, World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards, Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI), OSHA requirement and current Human Resources (HR) guidelines. Finally, the Shift Leader is responsible for all activities at the site and acts as the primary point of contact in off-hours and on weekends in the absence of plant management.
People engagement and involvement are critical in creating and sustaining a high performance team culture; therefore the Shift Leader will be responsible for leading by example and will be required to actively participate on the WCM pillars and foster the development of individuals.
- Models CertainTeed Gypsum Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO) and plant guidelines to develop and maintain a high performance team culture and ensure employee’s model the same.
- Coaches and mentors technicians by influencing behaviors to execute and meet assigned responsibilities that directly improve individual, team and plant performance.
- Collaborates with the appropriate pillar champion to coordinate the on-shift crew participation and implementation of WCM / Lean projects as part of daily work expectations in high performance team culture.
- Coaches associates to identify inefficiencies or gaps and utilizes facilitation skills to engage technicians in the development of systems and processes to streamline the operation utilizing WCM / Lean tools, to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to facilitate team members in executing team meetings where each team member has ownership of a KPI to track and discuss daily.
- Coaches associates to maintain a clean, organized plant using 5-S techniques as well as executing Autonomous and Professional Maintenance, the use of tags, CIL’s, and other WCM tools as appropriate.
- Develops and audits compliance reports to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Supports various training initiatives and business needs in alignment and coordination with other pillar leaders.
- Collaborates with process and area engineers to review Enhanced Work Orders (EWO) to ensure that necessary training is communicated, executed, and sustaining actions are in place.
- Provides team with a holistic view of the plant and helps negotiate conflicting priorities within and between teams.
- Is a conduit of communication between the shifts and plant management. Works to facilitate the teams to develop action plans to address issues and present solutions back to plant management and key stakeholders, as necessary.
- Improves the linkage of WCM standards implementation to line performance and facilitates the transfer of knowledge from technical resources.
- Coaching and leadership role to drive World Class Standards through WCM efforts, which include Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Safety and People Development.
- Helps clarify situations and expected behaviors, knowledge and level of proficiency by seeking and giving information and checking for understanding. Provides input regarding employees who are not meeting performance objectives and, when necessary will assist in the discussion with the appropriate pillar team member to document and provide feedback to associate.
- Coaches the associates towards achieving an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and service with a goal of world class yield, availability, and reliability.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, counsel’s employees and supports VMVO and WCM initiatives.
- Facilitates the training and development of technicians on the critical functions of their jobs to include training them on product quality standards, reporting of shift performance, trouble-shooting and making proper adjustments to the process.
- Accountable for fostering a safe work culture. Must recognize unsafe conditions and practices and quickly address them to prevent injuries and property loss. Conducts safety audits, investigations, and job safety analysis on a regular basis.
- Make rounds multiple times per shift, engaging associates using the Area Improvement Boards to continually drive both daily activities and continuous improvement.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists team members with tactical operations in order to help team meet yield and availability numbers.
- Participates with the interviewing, hiring and onboarding of new employees.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Two (2) years of post-high school education.
- Five (5) years of manufacturing/industrial/technical experience, or a minimum of four (4) years of military experience, or two (2) years of experience teaching, leading or coaching.
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in high performance teams or self-directed teams in a production environment.
- Previous work experience in Lean principles or World Class Manufacturing.
- Ability to be an outstanding coach and leader, with succession planning and employee development skills.
- Active interest and success in people development and training systems.
Adhere to a plant budget and helps drive team focus to reducing losses and costs. Must support internal controls.
Coaches and mentors employees according to CertainTeed policies and VMVO’s. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment and be able to demonstrate the ability to negotiate positive change, coach for results, give constructive feedback, and prioritize in a highly fluid environment.
Works in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes. Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs. May require long hours, and weekend and holiday work. May require travel by air and rental cars. May also require shift work.
Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated. Job includes tasks that require walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. May require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, working on a computer or engaging in telephone conversation.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.