Reference : 569279
Production Worker l
- Technical Production
- United States , Kent , KENT
- Posting date : 06/08/2019
- Technical Production
- United States KENT
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/08/2019
Provides production and warehouse labor necessary to safely and in an environmentally conscious way, operate a World Class Manufacturing plant that is professional in appearance, manufacturing high quality, cost efficient products that exceed customer expectations. Operations Associates will be expected to learn the essential duties quickly and be able to perform them without direct supervision within three months.
- CLEAN -UP / UTILITY: Performs clean up and utility work including but not limited to painting and marking, grounds maintenance, stacking, sorting, wrapping and organizing finished products, raw materials and supplies.
- RAW MATERIAL HANDLING AND BULK TRUCK UNLOADING: Assists in unloading incoming raw materials from trucks and rail cars used in the production of ready mix and dry joint compound. Stacks the raw materials in a neat and orderly manner in the designated raw material storage areas. Assures levels in the silo and latex tanks are adequate to hold incoming bulk materials without spills. Tests and approves the incoming material before unloading into the silo or latex tanks. Cleans all screens after product is unloaded. Is responsible for general housekeeping in the unloading and storage areas.
- READY MIX PACKAGING LINE: Operates carton former, stuffs plastic bags into cartons, or operates bag inserter, and places empty pails onto packaging line. Operates fill station, vibrator, case sealer, bag sealer or hand ties containers to seal product. Properly codes and fills containers to the appropriate fill quantity. Accurately records product produced. Operates palletizer and stretch wrap equipment. Clears jammed containers and cleans all spills immediately. Hand stacks finished product as required for special shipments. Operates the small packaging line. Cleans strainers when directed by supervision.
- DRY PACKAGING LINE: Operates dry packing equipment to fill and code bags to correct weights. Accurately records product produced. Clears jammed containers and cleans all spills in a timely manner. Hand stacks finished product as required for special shipments.
- DAILY QUALITY TESTING: Performs daily quality testing on all finished products and incoming loads of calcium carbonate and latex. Completes all other raw material tests as directed by supervision following established testing procedures. Assists the Operations Manager or designate in the calibration and recording of all scales, meters or equipment used in the production process or lab. Completes daily quality test records.
- PREVENTATIVE AND ROUTINE MAINTENANCE: Works with minimal supervision on maintenance assignments of routine and medium complexity.
- Maintains a safe work environment, recognizes unsafe conditions and practices, and makes corrections to prevent injuries and property loss.
- Participates in required trainings as directed
- Assists in the development of Job Safety Analysis (JSK)
- Performs and adheres to all standards, quality and testing procedures and requirements
- Performs duties in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Able to work in a team or individual setting and deliver results
- Working outdoors during varying weather conditions
- Knowledge of Company policies, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of work area and processes and procedures
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for extend periods of time
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work as a team
- High school diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic Mechanical skills or experience
- Experience with inventory counting
- Experience with production equipment
- Forklift driving experience
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and ambient seasonal temperature changes
- Normal plant operation is Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends, day and swing shift hours a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs.
- Required to work weekends, holidays and shift work as necessary to meet business demands
- Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated.
- Job includes tasks that require walking, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- May require extended periods of twisting, bending, gripping, stair climbing, sitting, walking, and standing, talking and reading.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.