Reference : 569260
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 07/01/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/01/2019
- Responsible and accountable for executing maintenance activities safely. Will follow and teach safety systems and procedures to employees and contractors. Will perform regular safety audits
- Responsible for selecting, training, and scheduling direct reports for work assignments
- Responsible and accountable for scheduling and executing installation, maintenance and repair activities
- Responsible for coordinating maintenance activities within the SPA department while minimizing downtime
- Ensure PM’s are accomplished on time and to a high standard of quality
- Plan for, utilize, and monitor outside contractors as necessary
- Utilize and train SAP and other computer applications as required
- Drive, support, and expand the use of WCM tools in the department
- Complete Kronos weekly on the 3 hourly craft in the SPA area.
- Setting up the weekly maintenance schedule with the maintenance planner.
- Ensuring all parts are here in a timely manner prior to work being started while working through the store room clerk.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and improve written maintenance tasks (PMs and SMPs)
- Maintains various departmental records, files, reports and ledgers.
- Responsibly use and reconcile company purchasing card and assigned IT equipment
- Actively engage in WCM projects as assigned
- Ensure AIB in the SPA is functioning at a high level while conducting Build audits weekly.
- Lead PM (Step 0-3) projects in the SPA area.
- Responsible and accountable for labor and material budget
- Direct and daily supervision of 3 hourly craft persons in a union shop.
This job is the incumbent position for the Maintenance Supervisor position over the board line. This position serves as a developmental position to ensure the correct skills and behaviors are delivered over a period of 12 to 24 months. Critical areas of development that will be reviewed each quarter will be as follows:
- Ability to get work done through the use of the AIB systems.
- Tags completed
- PM calendar completion
- PM backlog – 0 hours
- SMPs created
- Area Standards for operators completed
- Root cause analysis on machine failures- EWOs
- Ability to learn, use and teach WCM tools correctly.
- Tagging system
- PM calendars
- SMP creation and use
- Area standard creation and use
- EWO use
- PM (step 0 -3) projects- at least 1 project completed and audited through step 3 in the first 12 months.
- Ability to develop maintenance plans
- Weekly plan
- Monthly plan (4-6 weeks out)
- Computer skills and programs
- Understanding and use of Kronos
- Understanding and use of SAP
- Understanding and use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to correctly enter cost deployment maintenance information into a database.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering discipline or 5 years equivalent maintenance experience in an industrial setting
- Core competencies include a passion for detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, teaming skills, listening skills, ability to organize and retrieve information, and to handle people tactfully and effectively in situations involving various educational and employment levels
- Requires 3-5 years direct maintenance supervisory experience in an industrial environment
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook/e-mail.
- Must be able to learn and effectively use SAP and Kronos timekeeping software.
- Must be adaptable to changing work environments and requirements.
- Experience with 5S, conditioned based maintenance techniques, and lean manufacturing (preferred).
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.