Reference : USA05442
Machine Operator (3rd Shift)
- United States , Kansas , JUNCTION CITY
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
What’s the Job?
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, assisted by the Shift Supervisor, the Production Operator is responsible for loading the 613 Rewind Tape machine, making the splice, starting the process, checking for quality, Load Automatic Core Loader, making minor adjustments, and replacement of defective parts on the machine.
Additionally, the Operator is responsible for inspecting, packaging, and handling products from their assigned machines. This includes identifying and separating defects, ensuring packaging is erected and that the product is packed according to work instructions or other documentation.
- Ensure a safe work environment in the plant and observe all safety rules and regulations
- Identify, eliminate, and/or communicate any unsafe conditions
- Assures quality is maintained at its highest level, reporting all abnormal conditions to the plant manager
- Ensure that product packaging specifications are followed
- Perform basic visual quality checks
- Move rolls of Processed Master Rolls to the Rewind area, and load rolls onto hand carts.
- Load Master Rolls onto Rewind machine, start and adjust the machine, and load Core Loader.
- Use fork truck for various operations
- Make minor adjustments and replace defective parts on the Rewind machine.
We are hiring for the 2nd, and 3rd shifts-
2nd Shift - 2:00 pm to 12:30 am/Pay $15.50 an hour.
3rd Shift - hours TBD
What do you bring?
- High School Graduate or GED preferred
- Prior experience in manufacturing preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
Who are we ?
Why work for us?
For more than 115 years, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry. As a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed continues to be a leading manufacturer and a leader in sustainable building products. At CertainTeed, our employees have pride in belonging to a worldwide diverse organization that empowers us on the values of Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Come make your mark with us and our purpose of making the world a better home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.