Reference : USA03783
- Technical Production
- United States , Washington , SEATTLE
- Permanent / Regular
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
The EHS Manager will provide leadership to the Health, Safety and Environment programs at the plant, within the defined World Class Manufacturing framework, in a manner consistent to the Values and Attitudes of the CertainTeed Gypsum and Saint Gobain culture. With strategic guidance from both the central function and local plant manager, this hands-on leadership position will; ensure corporative and provincial legislative compliance, develop and maintain ISO systems, develop an autonomous EHS culture, promote defined Health and Wellness programs, define EHS standard operating procedures, provide EHS training, develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods, all achieved through participation and employee engagement.
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager, with dotted line strategic reporting to the U.S. Health and Safety manager
- Perform data entry into corporate EHS databases
- Analyze EHS data to populate and use WCM Safety, Environmental and Health Pillar Boards to define, implement and deliver EHS objectives
- Continuously inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment, processes, and workplace to ensure compliance with government safety regulations, corporation and industry standards
- Promote, develop and train behavioral EHS initiatives to drive to an autonomous EHS culture
- Build, develop, maintain ISO systems
- Liaises with government entities and maintains all EHS related permits
- Maintain EHS training program to ensure proper training is provided for all Saint-Gobain Safety Standards
- Audit against Saint Gobain Safety Standards and ensure compliance
- Conduct Risk Assessments with salaried and hourly employees and deliver actions to mitigate the identified risks
- Communicate Safety Warnings and evaluate the possibility of occurrence at own location
- Participative member of U.S. EHS national teams
- Develop and implement Safety Risk reduction project plans based on Risk Calculator
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- University Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Relations or any other relevant field of study OR Technical College Degree in Environment, Hygiene and Work Safety combined with significant related experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as an EHS Manager
- Participative, hands-on, industrial, practical leader in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Demonstrated results as a participative Change Agent
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority
- Leads by example
- Very good knowledge and previous experience with State and Federal EHS standards
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with excellent written and oral communication
- Proficient using computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-off leaders need not apply!
- Ensure CertainTeed Gypsum’s standards of safety are designed into process and equipment utilizing WCM principles
- Provides support to project teams during scope, planning, delivery phase and commissioning of equipment
- Identifies safety and environmental opportunities and develop solutions of corrective actions
- Assists with training for operators and maintenance personnel
- Complies with all EHS standards, assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, consistent with the corporate Values and Attitudes.
In conjunction with U.S. EHS manager and Local HR, provides direction and support on Workers Compensation claims and return to work programs.
Who are we ?
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.