Reference : USA04393
Production Shift Lead, 7 PM - 7 AM (3/4 day schedule)
- Technical Production
- United States , Nevada , BLUE DIAMOND
- Permanent / Regular
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
“This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, the Shift Leader facilitates the development of high- performance teams within the plants. The Shift Leader is also responsible for creating a culture of engagement within and between the teams to directly impact and consistently meet plant objectives and deliverables. This position is also accountable for ensuring that high performance teams work collaboratively in the decision-making processes and that the decisions are in alignment with plant goals and objectives, World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards, Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI), OSHA requirement and current Human Resources (HR) guidelines. Finally, the Shift Leader is responsible for all activities at the site and acts as the primary point of contact in off-hours and on weekends in the absence of plant management.
People engagement and involvement are critical in creating and sustaining a high-performance team culture; therefore, the Shift Leader will be responsible for leading by example and will be required to actively participate on the WCM pillars and foster the development of individuals.
- Models CertainTeed Gypsum Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO) and plant guidelines to develop and maintain a high-performance team culture and ensure employee’s model the same.
- Coaches and mentors’ technicians by influencing behaviors to execute and meet assigned responsibilities that directly improve individual, team, and plant performance.
- Collaborates with the appropriate pillar champion to coordinate the on-shift crew participation and implementation of WCM / Lean projects as part of daily work expectations in high performance team culture.
- Coaches associates to identify inefficiencies or gaps and utilizes facilitation skills to engage technicians in the development of systems and processes to streamline the operation utilizing WCM / Lean tools, to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to facilitate team members in executing team meetings where each team member has ownership of a KPI to track and discuss daily.
- Coaches associates to maintain a clean, organized plant using 5-S techniques as well as executing Autonomous and Professional Maintenance, the use of tags, CIL’s, and other WCM tools as appropriate.
- Develops and audits compliance reports to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Supports various training initiatives and business needs in alignment and coordination with other pillar leaders.
- Collaborates with process and area engineers to review Enhanced Work Orders (EWO) to ensure that necessary training is communicated, executed, and sustaining actions are in place.
“Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
· Two (2) years of post-high school education.
· Five (5) years of manufacturing/industrial/technical experience, or a minimum of four (4) years of military experience, or two (2) years of experience teaching, leading, or coaching.
· Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
· Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Previous experience in high performance teams or self-directed teams in a production environment.
· Preferred previous work experience in Lean principles or World Class Manufacturing.
· Ability to be an outstanding coach and leader, with succession planning and employee development skills.
· Active interest and success in people development and training systems.
Come be a part of our bigger purpose to change the world!
Who are we ?
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.