Reference : USA04874
- Technical Production
- United States , New York , BUCHANAN
- Permanent / Regular
The CertainTeed facility in Buchanan, NY manufactures Wallboard and we are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to join our team! The Production Operator will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities for the operations in his/her assigned area. Follow plant, departmental, and job safety policies. Know, understand, and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of safe operating procedures, including housekeeping requirements. Knowledge and understanding of all quality procedures and guidelines. Communicate with previous shift regarding any issues. Be able to identify off quality product and report problems. Report unsafe conditions and correct immediately. Learn and use computer systems for Quality and Production reporting. Communicate with other associates and areas to ensure a good working environment.
Hiring for Evening Shift (7:00pm-7:00am, rotating shift) , however, new Production Operators will be expected to work Day Shift temporarily during new hire training period (7:00am-3:00pm, shift time may vary based on business needs)
- Ability to work varying shift schedule once set (8 hour shift, 12 hour shift, etc.)
- Ability to work rotating shift schedule, alternating scheduled days off
- The positions require working in an environment that is hot in the summer and cold in the winter as well as physical in nature
- Employee will be exposed to a wide range of work temperature environments dependent on climate changes and area of plant working in. Manufacturing environment may be hot, cold, dirty, wet, and may be noisy.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment that may include: protective ear equipment, steel toe boots, safety glasses, FR clothing, chemical suits, and respirators
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 70 lbs
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to safely operate a powered industrial vehicle (fork lift, etc.)
- Ability to report to scheduled work on time every day
- Ability to work nights and weekends when scheduled
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
This is an hourly paid position included within the bargaining unit of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters , Local 456. Competitive hourly rates ($25.96 starting, $29.89 once qualified, and a potential to earn up to $31.89) and benefits are offered.
Must be available to work shifts, some weekends and overtime.
Who are we ?
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world's largest building products company, CertainTeed® is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum, and ceilings. Headquartered in Malvern, PA, CertainTeed and its affiliates proudly have a staff of more than 6,300 employees and operate more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.