Reference : USA04356
- United States , Florida , PALATKA
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/07/2022
- United States PALATKA
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/07/2022
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for investigating and problem solving plant reliability issues utilizing continuous improvement techniques and principles. This position will also support maintenance teams in the rationalization, planning and scheduling of maintenance activities to drive improved sustainable plant reliability in a manner consistent with CertainTeed Gypsum’s Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO).
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and services with a goal of world class yield, availability and reliability.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing assigned installation, maintenance and repair activities and coordinating with other departments to assure minimum downtime for production and maximum safety of employees.
- Contractor safety coordination in accordance with the Contractor Safety Management program.
- Performs root cause analysis as well as implement sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
- Assist with priority listings, equipment criticality analysis, and master schedule updates.
- Ensures Professional Maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a timely manner and are to a high standard of quality.
- Work with maintenance supervisor to develop PM’s that drive improved reliability.
- Interacts with managers and supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
- Works closely with Production, Maintenance and Engineering Managers to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
- Support continuous improvement teams in the development of equipment ledgers and problem solving.
- Develops and maintains standard operating and maintenance procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains records of plant and individual equipment performance.
- Ensures full documentation of all projects and systems to CTG standards.
- Prepares and maintains data sheets, wiring and Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment.
- Implement and support the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Supports Autonomous Maintenance with Production Supervision through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained.
- Analyzes / stratifies accurate data and information from records to prepare reports, statistics, etc. in support of continuous improvement of Reliability.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Assures good housekeeping practices following 5S systems, enforces plant rules and safety regulations, and supports VMVO and reliability initiatives.
- Design, propose and install small capital and expense projects, which impact reliability.
Minimum Skills and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the sciences of heat transfer and flow of solids, liquids and powder.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred or Desired Requirements
- Applied professional maintenance experience and aptitude in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with P&ID, Equipment Layout Drawings, MS Project, AutoCAD LT and Solidworks.
- Experience in grinding, conveying, mixing, forming, design optimization & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of RCM, EEM, Kaizens, Lean, TPM, Root Cause, PFMEA & DFMEA toolsets
- Familiar with PM technologies (vibration analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, ultrasonic).
Who are we ?
Company Summary, our Perks
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.