Reference : 588256
- Technical Production
- United States , Dublin , Dublin
- Posting date : 10/21/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Dublin
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/21/2021
This position is concerned with a variety of areas in our Manufacturing facility. The primary function of the Forklift driver is to strap and wrap finished goods.
Move raw and finished materials to supply all areas of the plant machine operations and return unused materials back into inventory. This position supplies production lines with all needed materials on the Mat Line and chopper line.
The incumbent is also responsible for the pick and pack of customer orders shipping directly from the Dublin, GA facility. Provides productive and efficient operations, i.e., weigh, pack and label products in accordance with customer requirements. Safe operation of various machinery including but not limited to: forklift, scissor lift, manual hand jack, and electric pallet jack.
Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently and safely. Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and techniques for optimal manufacture and distribution of goods required.
The incumbent works closely with the Department Supervisor, Shift Leader and production team members. Must be detail oriented to accurately record material and inventory related data. Practical experience with measuring tools, and hand tools including, but not limited to: hammer, pry bar, utility knife, scissors, strap gun, etc. is required.
Principle End Results
- Must be fully trained and capable of performing duties of Mat Line Operator.
- Ability to operate designated machinery, and operate forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count materials, products, etc.
- Supply all materials (including but limited to “work-in-progress” and finished goods) to production floor in a safe, timely and efficient manner and return unused raw materials to warehouse placing it back into inventory, as needed and required.
- Sort, pack, wrap, tie and label products as per procedures. If necessary, weigh products and record weight and other data on product labels.
- Inform Supervisor of any production process interruptions, quality deviations; perform other duties according to the orders of management. Define the problems of any machine and material issues and respond in an efficient and timely manner to production needs and requirements.
- Perform pre and post forklift inspections; recommend repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times. Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met. Responsible for performing SMATs and/or TFs and be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. This includes WCM involvement in projects and/or meetings, as required. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring 5S standards are met and maintained.
- Conduct self in a manner that demonstrates cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow workers with issues as they arise and provide assistance and training as may be necessary from time to time.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Comply with, and when possible, exceed applicable Saint-Gobain Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, federal and local environmental regulations through the implementation of our Health & Safety plans and Pollution Prevention:
- Comply with the law and apply the best industry practices continuously.
- Work respectfully and cooperate with all employees, contractors, vendors and customers.
- Work as a team to identify risks and solutions which will eliminate those risks.
- Establish measurable priorities and standards for all involved in this process.
- Implement proven methods found at other sites to help achieve our objectives.
- Continuous improvement actions to reduce emissions and prevent potential pollution.
- Annual review of actions and methods in order to drive continuous improvement.
The incumbent is required to have a High School Diploma or GED. The candidate will have 1+ years of work-related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to work at a highly repetitive, rapid machine pace. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret work orders and area work instructions from text, drawings and computers. The incumbent is responsible for following verbal and written instructions and write routine documents, as required.
Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently and safely. Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position. Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment.
Who are we ?
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective.
Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.