Reference : 588090
- Technical Production
- United States , Dublin , Dublin
- Posting date : 10/08/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Dublin
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/08/2021
The incumbent is responsible for planning, managing and ensuring efficient Engineering support to the Fiberglass facility project re-start activities; directing efforts and activities, as well as overseeing the CAPEX budget, spending, tracking and monitoring of all projects.
This position is responsible for employee safety, environmental and engineering support to facility management. This position interacts and works closely with the Reliability and Furnace operation project teams. The incumbent will be active and responsible in all phases of the project, from initial conception to final release.
Principle End Results
- Initiates, substantiates and implements projects to meet planned cost, schedule and savings of the Dublin, GA Fiberglass Phase 2 restart objectives
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with regard to all capital projects and interfaces with all project team members, as required.
- Direct, develop and motivate the Plant Engineers capable of meeting the technical requirements of their particular design group.
- Interface with other instances of the organization to communicate results, incidents, projects and plans. Develop and implement new technologies for application and improvement of manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop and assign goals and objectives that coincide with the established department goals, holding subordinates accountable for their performance. The incumbent must be a mentor capable of generating enthusiasm from direct reports.
- Maintain support resources and documentation (product specifications, data releases, etc.). Responsible to work with outside vendors and purchase economical and proper tools.
- Provides leadership in assuring employee physical wellbeing and safety by the development, promotion and enforcement of an uncompromising safety attitude in both supervision and production employees and good safety practices measured by a safety record that exceeds and leads the industry.
- Investigate variances between engineering labor estimates and actual requirements, and initiate corrective actions.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to resolve vendor, manufacturing deviation and field problems.
- Through effective direction, counselling and training, develop and maintain an effective organization through selection, development and motivation of all employees. Develop managerial, supervisory and other talents necessary to achieve short and long-range objectives.
- Understands Lean Manufacturing Principles (Kaizen, 5S, Pilot Projects) and participates, supports and is familiar with Continuous Improvements methodology as it relates to WCM initiatives.
- Contributes to the accuracy and effectiveness of the planning and goal setting process by developing, recommending, implementing and achieving operational plans, goals, budgets and capital requirements.
Background and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent is required; Master’s Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- 10+ years of Industrial Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of engineering systems, best manufacturing practices, and a proven track record of relevant successes in improving the cost of manufacturing and working through others.
- Upon completion of the Fiberglass restart project, responsibility for Engineering production related activities will be assumed. Maintenance experience is not mandatory, but preferred.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts, 5S, quality systems is a plus.
- Particular emphasis is placed on financial performance, the growth and long-term survivability of the business, the continuous improvement of the organization, the strategic direction and accomplishments and the knowledge and awareness to recognize changing conditions and new opportunities.
- The incumbent must possess strong organizational skills, as well as be thorough detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage, motivate, maintain full staff, and develop and effective team. The position is highly visible to all employees and the incumbent must affect leadership through integrity, knowledge, and personal example.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as well as ability to communicate, interact effectively and successfully with others.
- The position works with a wide range of people representing many different internal and external functions. The ability to communicate verbally and in writing, convey leadership, solve multifaceted problems, and operate with consistency with a sense of fairness is required. The scope includes interfacing with corporate, suppliers, customers, licensees, and public officials on a worldwide basis.
- Willing to travel, approximately 30% of the time.
Who are we ?
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective.
Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.