Reference : 588089
- Technical Production
- United States , Dublin , Dublin
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Dublin
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
Reporting to the Reliability Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the planning, design oversight, execution and closeout of assigned projects within established budget and schedule.
The incumbent will lead all phases of a project, with little to no supervision to execute on time, within budget and to the quality specified.
Areas of responsibility will include building and lighting systems, power distribution, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI), Ethernet/IP and industrial networking, electrical motor and servo controls, process instrumentation, electrical site plans, electrical calculations, industrial automation, field investigation, submittal review, and application of building codes and standard industry design practices.
This individual should be self-driven to complete assigned tasks ahead of expectations with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Principle End Results:
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas in an industrial manufacturing environment, working both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions.
- Willing and able to work extra hours during project start-ups, including occasional weekend work, and to be available by phone 24/7 to support maintenance and operations as needed.
- Responsible for acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, including contractors and consultants, to deliver the project according to plan. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assigned projects
- Design for reliability, maintainability, and World-Class Manufacturing.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing data on maintenance repairs to the equipment and facility, seeking opportunities to improve reliability of the assets, creating preventative maintenance plans, promoting the detection of equipment failures through predictive maintenance, condition-based monitoring, and serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the facility.
- The candidate will exercise professionalism, objectivity, and a high standard of personal ethics at all times in dealing with suppliers. The position will also require the individual to operate effectively within a matrix organization, having the capability to mobilize resources not directly under his/her span of control.
- Dedicated to serve on committees, i.e. WCM, plant safety, continuous improvement, LiveWell and Recognition programs.
Background and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree a plus.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in Manufacturing and industrial equipment, engineering, design, commissioning Testing, with four (4) more years’ experience in project management.
- Fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read all types of engineering plan drawings.
- Proficient office computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD.
- Willing to complete additional training if necessary, as needed.
- Formal training and use of RCFA other Precision Maintenance Techniques and Technologies.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Comply with, and when possible, exceed applicable Saint-Gobain Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, federal and local environmental regulations through the implementation of our Health & Safety plans and Pollution Prevention:
- Comply with the law and apply the best industry practices continuously.
- Work respectfully and cooperate with all employees, contractors, vendors and customers.
- Work as a team to identify risks and solutions which will eliminate those risks.
- Establish measurable priorities and standards for all involved in this process.
- Implement proven methods found at other sites to help achieve our objectives.
- Continuous improvement actions to reduce emissions and prevent potential pollution.
- Annual review of actions and methods in order to drive continuous improvement.
General Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level may increase in certain areas on the Company locations.
Who are we ?
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective.
Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.