Reference : 587443
Senior Reliability Technician
- Technical Production
- United States , Faribault , Faribault
- Posting date : 08/18/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Faribault
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/18/2021
SageGlass is the world leader in electrochromic glass and headquartered south of Minneapolis in Faribault, MN. SageGlass® is electronically tintable glass for use in windows, skylights and curtain walls. SAGE is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain.
The SageGlass Team is seeking a Senior Reliability Technician to join their amazing Quality Team!
The Senior Reliability Technician will support the Quality and Reliability function with the ultimate objective of improving product reliability. This role will perform ongoing monitoring of product reliability and analyze defects which lead to product failure. They will be responsible for ensuring that testing is performed on schedule to meet internal and regulatory deadlines, and for careful and detailed record keeping, data collection, and reporting. This role will support other experiments and projects related to reliability topics. This role is also responsible for management of the reliability lab and equipment.
Responsibilities and expectations for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Request and monitor production of experimental samples in order to meet test schedule defined by internal and regulatory requirements
- Identify and communicate any results which are outside of regulatory requirements or other defined action limits
- Operation of various weathering chambers and measurement tools
- Inspection of test samples before and after exposure to stress, including measurements of optical, electrical, and physical metrics
- Data collection and analysis, creation of reports, communication of results
- Analysis of returned product, both independently and in collaboration with Quality Engineering Team
- Detailed documentation and reporting of results of failure analysis
- Monitor inventory of returned product, including recording when RMAs are received, status of analysis, and disposal or storage of materials
Monitor open RMAs, and coordinate with field operations to ensure materials are returned as requested
- Review and manage Reliability Experiment Requests, including scheduling, execution, data collection, and reporting of results
- Execution of experiments as requested by Sr Product Quality Engineer
- Assist with development of new test fixtures and test methods related to product reliability
- Participation in interdepartmental projects as defined by management to meet business goals, including participation in team meetings, execution of experiments, and presentation of results where relevant
- Cleaning and organization of the lab to maintain 5S standards
- Management of shared storage space
- Monitoring and operation of test equipment and submission of maintenance work orders as needed
- Updates to controlled documents and procedures when needed
- Provides training to others in equipment operation, data acquisition, and other techniques
- Provide back up to Quality or Operations, including completing quality audits and inspections
- Promote a culture of safety and quality
- Associates degree in an engineering, technical, or science related field with 4+ years of relevant experience, or demonstrated equivalent
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience with data analysis and technical communication
- Ability to adhere to all safety policies for handling of glass, equipment and chemicals
- Experience with basic laboratory equipment and metrology tools (ex – micrometer, voltmeter, balance)
- Attention to detail and ability to create detailed records and reports
- Ability to present technical results clearly and concisely in both verbal and written forms
- Experience with statistical software tools such as Minitab or MVP Stats
- Experience in a product reliability specific function, including failure analysis, accelerated life test analysis, etc.
- Experience in handling, test, and characterization of an electrochromic IGU
SAGE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Immediate Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage from Day 1 of employment
- UP to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401K match
- Retirement Acccumulation Plan (RAP)
- Amazing Culture!
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.