Reference : 585191
Process Controls Engineer II
- Technical Production
- United States , Faribault , Faribault
- Posting date : 02/23/2021
- Technical Production
- United States Faribault
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 02/23/2021
SageGlass is all about its people, its products, and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
SageGlass is currently seeking a Process Controls Engineer II, who will be responsible for the Process equipment, automation and controls software debug, process procedures and yield improvement within the plant.
The Process Controls Engineer II will interface with Production, Quality, Process Development, Continuous Improvement, and Maintenance teams, as well as be the primary interface with external vendors in order to sustain and improve the production equipment. Additional responsibilities in this role include the health of the process controls equipment, controls software for the process block(s), process automation and new technology upgrades for yield improvement. The individual in this role will also be responsible for coordinating and defining maintenance and PM activities.
Essential Functions of the role include:
- Address challenges with production process and process equipment
- Provide day-to-day production support at Sage High-Volume Manufacturing (HVM)
- Develop process control strategies for addressing equipment issues
- Develop and maintain SOP / Standards to improve operational efficiency
- Work with team to implement methods for quality output
- Develop new control system architecture and implement IIoT / Industry 4.0
- Develop process control chart variables
- Recommend and present business case for process improvements
- Ensure safety and regulatory compliance where applicable ex: LOTO, OSHA
- Provide regular reporting on daily developments with the process equipment
- Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and process modifications
- Programming of control sequences for system-controlled processes
- New equipment integration, including Control systems like AB, Siemens, Beckhoff and Manz control systems
- PLC application programs including Ladder, Step language, CoDeSys program
- MS Excel, and Data base systems including ODBC, MySQL, and SQL
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Design and Modifications of Electrical Schematics and Pneumatic circuits
- Working with Laser equipment, Industrial Robots and Optical measurement equipment will be a huge advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls and Automation, or equivalent required
- 3+ years experience in production process controls including batch process and continuous process
- 3+ years experience in Automation Control systems, Scada Robotic and MES systems is preferred
- knowledge of electrical schematic design and troubleshooting required
- knowledge of industrial systems interface protocols required
- knowledge of controls systems programming design, upgrade and troubleshooting required
- Experience with project management and vendor support
- Professional Engineering in Controls and Programming certification preferred
- Experience or working knowledge of frequency, position control servo systems
- Experience or working knowledge of PID and Position, Velocity feedback loops
- Experience or working knowledge of industrial network communications
- Experience or working knowledge of PLC, Kuka Robots, SCADA systems and Industrial computers –IPC’s
- Experience or working knowledge of Manufacturing (MES) and Production software (GPS Prod) programs
- Experience or working knowledge of MySql, SQL, Linux, VB and Python
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. SageGlass offers all of the above and more! If hired you can expect...
- Strong compensation and bonus plan
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Company funded Retirement Accumulation Plan (Pension)
- Paid Time Off
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Amazing culture
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.