Reference : 567670
Field Operations Project Manager (Texas & Southwest Region)
- Technical Production
- Posting date : 04/24/2019
- Technical Production
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/24/2019
- Support the sales team in various technical pre-sale activities
- Custom sample order fulfillment
- Project management
- On-site commissioning
- Control system configuration
- Wiring diagrams
- Architectural and electrical drawing review
- Glass makeup and performance calculations
- Manufacturing system data entry
- Project file documentation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation and management of project file documentation
- Manufacturing system data entry and project configuration
- Validate system specifications against design constraints (electrical power, glass size and shape)
- Develop project specific system level wiring diagrams for the SageGlass® control system
- Create and enter Sales Orders, coordinate with planning and manufacturing to manage production and delivery. Coordinate with finance on credit approvals, invoices, and payment receipt.
- Through various electronic and handwritten means “mark–up” or create documents that communicate the Sage Glass control system, the zoning, and location of components for a specific project.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages from inception to completion and actively contribute in various Product Development and training activities.
- Troubleshoot and commission the project at the construction site including the electronic controls.
- Communicate with the customer and various stakeholders on the project regarding delivery dates, troubleshooting activities, etc.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) with the various stakeholders on how to design, specify and install the Sage Glass product.
- Competently illustrate and explain SAGE’s controls and wiring system
- Electrochromic Insulating Glass Unit performance calculations
- Face-to-face and over the telephone, capably explain the installation process to glazing contractors, electricians and others in an easy to understand manner
- Assist sales in the procurement of the project by providing technical expertise and reinforcing the SAGE value proposition
- Ability to problem solve and a technical aptitude with a basic understanding of electrical systems as well as the mechanical and optical characteristics SageGlass products is required.
- This individual will assist the Field Operations Team and Territory Mangers from pre-sale support to post installation commissioning
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical preferred), Architecture, Construction Management, Mechanical, or other suitable technical undergraduate degree preferred OR a Two-year Associates Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred) or other major with a minimum of 2-5 years verifiable related work experience acceptable
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical customer service, construction project management, pre-sales, or similar experience required, preferably in the glass, façade, or electrical / electronics industries
- LEED AP preferred, LEED Green Associate desired or the ability to obtain one of these credentials.
- Proficient in or be capable of becoming proficient in the interpretation of Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and be capable of becoming proficient in the use of other software and business systems.
- Be proficient or be capable of becoming proficient in, energy modeling and daylight analysis simulation.
- Physically capable of lifting 30 pounds.
- Without assistance, be willing and capable to climb and work off of ladders, scaffolds, etc. as well as being willing to be transported in various lifts, swing stages, and other aerial equipment to various heights on construction sites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing their work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and somewhat independently.
- Good balance of apathy and “win-win” negotiation skills.
- Has the skill to solve problems and strong desire to please the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (telephone and in person) and ability to interact successfully with all types of people regardless of education or stature.
- Domestic travel in North America up to 30-50%
- Must be able to navigate and work in an office and manufacturing environment and wear personal protection equipment (PPE) as mandated.
- Ability to meet project needs based on schedule or project location, occasionally after hours or weekends.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license issued in the United States. Perform other tasks as required to support production of SageGlass. Perform all other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.