Reference : 584650
Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain
- United States , Worcester , Worcester
- Posting date : 01/13/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States Worcester
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/13/2021
The Supply Chain Manager sets the overall Supply Chain strategy at the PCR site in Worcester and manages the Purchasing, Production Planning, Technical Service, and Logistics Teams onsite.
In this senior leadership role, the Supply Chain Manager establishes policy and direction for the above mentioned functions and assures all objectives are linked and aligned to the plant vision, mission, goals and objectives. It is also critical for this position to assure that Divisional and Corporate objectives are being supported and that Internal Control requirements are being met. This role also oversees system and process optimization efforts and oversees the management of WCM at PCR Worcester. They are a member of the Plant Leadership Team and WCM Steering Committee and provide general support and leadership to all facets of the plant operations.
The main functions of the role include:
- Supply Chain Management (20%): Owns the performance of the Supply Chain Teams to include Production Planning, Purchasing, Technical Service, and Logistics. Provides support and direction to each team as needed. Trains and coaches subordinates as required to achieve the desired performance levels and ensures consistent processes are followed. Completes annual performance appraisals and provides employee development recommendations.
- Purchasing (20%):
- Responsible for the plant-wide adherence to all Purchasing procedures and compliance to the internal controls.
- Key functions within purchasing include Raw Material qualification, sourcing strategy, and market survey.
- Oversees price negotiations, vendor management, and procurement.
- Sustains and improves current requisition and purchasing processes and procedures to facilitate the plant’s capex, consumables, freight, resale, interco-purchases, subcontracting, or service needs.
- Monitors the key trends that could impact the business.
- Leads annual supplier assessment efforts and manages relations with all key suppliers. Interacts with the North American Delegation and Ceramics Business Unit Level purchasing to assure the facility is working in harmony with those procurement functions.
- Production Planning (15%):
- Sets the strategy and oversees the Production Planning Team to include development, maintenance, and execution of the master production schedule and maximization of plant resources to meet demand.
- Strives to meet customer requested delivery dates while working towards 100% On-Time Delivery and On Time in Full.
- Manages the forecast and holds monthly meetings to assess upcoming opportunities. Works with the Commercial Team to ensure accuracy of information.
- Technical/Customer Service Team Management (15%):
- Sets the strategy for the Technical Service Team and overseas the inquiry, quotation, and order entry processes, ensuring all communication are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Sustains and improves current processes to include preparing offers, pricing, contract review, order entry, order status, invoicing, complaint resolution, credits, and reporting.
- Logistics and Inventory Management (10%):
- Responsible for the Pack and Ship Department to include the packaging, shipping, and receiving processes.
- Manages inventory to include the planning and procurement of all raw materials, equipment, tooling, parts, supplies, and services supporting the master schedule.
- Manage all external warehouses to minimize cost and increase efficiency.
- Systems Optimization (5%): Manage the implementation and optimization of new and existing systems to include SAP, Salesforce, Microstrategy, and Net Promoter Score by overseeing the project teams consisting of operational, commercial, and corporate personnel. Include internal and external consultants as necessary to meet optimization goals. Become expert and pick up oversight after project implementation.
- Process Optimization (5%): Identify best practices and implement to improve systems and processes (this includes but is not limited to feasibility/quotations, flash forecasting, inventory management, WCM evolution and CF&S pillar management, supplier co-maker-ship, capacity planning, SOPs, and management of business KPIs including lead times, cash flow, and OTP).
- Continuous Improvement (10%): Oversee the management of the WCM system within the plant. Oversee department KPIs and take action to make necessary improvements. Participate in pillar teams and activities and use WCM principles to improve efficiencies and remove wastes.
- Internal controls & ethical conduct: Comply with the company’s Internal Control Reference Framework; adhere to ethical conduct and practices as outlined the company (Purchasing Charter, COMPLY, ADHERE as examples)
- Other duties as assigned. May require some interaction and travel to other US sites. An essential aspect of the job is the continued and improving communication and alignment between sales and operations groups.
B.S. or B.A. in Business Management, Production/Operations Management, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, or related field
Master’s degree preferred.
5-10 years Supply Chain experience in Manufacturing environment (can include Planning, Production, Purchasing (required), and/or Customer Service.
Expert level knowledge of SAP and hands on experience with CRM software (such as SalesForce)
Strong computer skills with MS Office applications
Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean principles that help in WCM within the plants
Thorough knowledge of product costing, production planning, sales forecasting methods
Good understanding of Purchasing procedures, Negotiation skills
Good understanding of Production processes and capacity constraints
Must possess very strong problem solving skills. Must demonstrate the ability to solve problems in a dynamic environment and in an efficient manner.
Certification in APICs, WCM (CF&S green belt) preferred
Certified purchasing or lean manager is preferred
American Production and Inventory Control Society certification (CPIM) is preferred
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.