Reference : 588153
Senior Shipping & Receiving Operator
- Supply Chain
- United States , Greenville/Spartanburg , TRAVELERS RE
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States TRAVELERS RE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
Under general supervision of the Supply Chain Manager or other supervisory/management-level position within the Travelers Rest facility, responsible for performing a variety of duties such as packing and shipping products to customer and receive raw materials necessary to process orders. Organize and maintains inventories and prepares required shipping reports and documents. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. The senior shipping operator job requires a lot of physical stamina due to the loading and unloading work. Lifting requirements vary and can range up to 35 lbs.
- Utilize functions of SAP, keyboarding, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Label Matrix, and Clippership in order to perform daily tasks
- Receive finished products, reviews instructions and customer specifications for packing and shipping
- Selects and/or constructs containers for shipping products
- Packs orders following appropriate procedures
- Weighs shipment, addresses container and make ready for removal
- Operates postage meter, computer, calculator and hand tools
- Receives raw materials and equipment necessary for production of customer orders and tools scheduled for reword by mail, express carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.) and trucking carriers
- Identifies contents of all incoming shipments, takes count, check for damages, makes entries into system or log journals for record keeping and notifies purchasing and other appropriate individuals. Ensures incoming freight, to include steel is sufficiently marked/identified and stored appropriately
- Uncrates, organizes, sorts and prepares goods for storage or distribution to designated departments
- Read blueprints/schematic drawings
- Assists with inventory processes as requested
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that product remains clean and help prevent work related injuries
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in annual physical inventory
- Adheres to Quality Policy and SOP’s
- Makes recommendations on process flow and efficiencies
- Requires willingness to be flexible as a member of a team where contribution is typically dictated by workload and resources available
- Willingness to learn the skills and knowledge to provide coverage as a proxy in the absence of the Shipping Lead
- May require position to utilize motorized lifts and if so, would require licensure by internal trainers
Requires completion of a High School Diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Requires a minimum of two (2) years of equivalent work experience. Must possess basic mathematical skills, strong interpersonal and motivational skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others. Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions. SAP and keyboarding knowledge required. Experience with parcel and LTL shipping, Label Matrix, Clippership, UPS Worldship, and other online freight scheduling systems preferred. Experience processing and shipping international shipments and required documentation. Ability to communicate and coordinate shipments via email correspondences
Who are we ?
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.