Reference : 585695
Production Planner - Seals, Aerospace Manufacturing
- Supply Chain
- United States , Bristol , BRISTOL, RI
- Posting date : 04/08/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States BRISTOL, RI
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/08/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Production Planner is responsible for the planning of work orders to support manufacturing operations and production schedule of the Aerospace production processes in the Bristol, RI site. He/She establishes strategic and vendor managed inventory levels to meet customer demand based on forecasts and historical data, and coordinates the procurement of all subcontracted (outsourced) items and manages vendor relationships. The position is a key role within our strategic plan for Supply Chain Management. The incumbent works closely with plant supervision and team members on replenishment strategies to meet customers’ requirements. Assists in the implementation, efficiency, and effectiveness of new and existing materials and components. Ensures production demands are met while maintaining a safe workplace for employees.
He/she identifies constraints and revises/updates schedules to meet the customer demand levels. He/she provides feedback to supervision on changes or events that effect the production environment. The objectives of this position are based on continuous improvements in inventory management, lead-time reduction, cost avoidance and outsourcing.
Strict adherence and a commitment to carrying out the Corporate and/or local policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required. An employee in this position must focus on customers' expectations and strive for continuous improvement resulting in improved results for themselves, customers, and other employees.
Planning & Inventory Control
- Plan work orders based on firm customer orders and forecasting/historical data to develop master production schedule of a given product line
- Maintain ERP system item master data to ensure QAD is effectively planning future requirements
- Maintain raw material, WIP, and Finished Goods inventories to be appropriately responsive to Sales and Work Orders within turn objectives and dollar levels
- Establish and maintain minimum inventory levels to meet strategic and vendor managed inventory goals
- Lead Capacity planning activities to ensure meeting customer requirements
- Maintain set-up and run times within the product routing software
- Participate and contribute to inventory reduction initiatives
- Assist in annual physical inventory and lead cycle counts as per policy
- Coordinate the procurement of subcontracted items
- Facilitate product movement to outside suppliers
- Monitor open purchase orders and expedite as required to ensure on-time delivery
- Assist in developing dual sources for key processes
- Help identify new opportunities for outsourcing
- Develop and communicate forecasts to suppliers and vendors
- Promote supplier engagement, especially for local suppliers
Bachelor’s Degree – Supply Chain, Operations Management or related field, Required.
Master’s Degree – Business or related field, Preferred.
Experience in Supply Chain, Planning, Purchasing, Scheduling with the understanding of manufacturing lead time, process, sub-contract operations and MRP/ERP knowledge; Required.
Experience in inventory control & forecasting/planning; Preferred.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.