Reference : 585364
- Supply Chain
- United States , Wayne , Solon
- Posting date : 03/10/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States Solon
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/10/2021
Responsible for creating production schedules; analyzing, determining usage and releasing materials to meet production schedules and inventory goals. Responsible for purchasing raw materials and services for the facility to ensure timely and efficient arrival of purchases for all departments. The position performs annual purchasing activity through adherence to SGPPL purchasing guidelines while maintaining the highest ethical business standards. This position requires extensive contact with outside suppliers, customer (internal and external), and production personel.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, supply chain or other related field or 7 years of experience in a planning, Supply Chain role.
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of production planning, master scheduling and production scheduling theories. Understanding of JIT, MRP systems, BOM's, routings and planning parameters is essential as is experience in supplier development, purchasing and maintaining proper inventory.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Excel and familiarity with MRP/ERP software systems is necessary. Excellent analytical and negotiating skills, combined with good oral and written communication skills, excellent organization, planning, purchasing and follow up skills will lead to success at this position.
- Ability to download, analyze and manipulate large amounts of data
- APICS certification a plus
Essential functions of the role include:
- Creating and distributing production schedules according to SOPs, MPS and/or special instructions from supervisor and coordinates expediting schedule changes, “rush” jobs as required. Developing and maintaining scheduling policies, work order reconciliation, and planning adjustments based on new demands.
- Collaborate with Master Scheduler and demand planner to ensure consistent communication and planning across all production levels
- Review MRP requirements and issues purchase orders as required for subcontract suppliers
- Process adjustments with vendors involving replacement of materials/services not meeting specified standards. Initiates/Coordinates with Quality Assurance to facilitate returns and corrective actions with vendors. Assesses, monitors, and rates supplier performance through established S.O.P.’s
- Adjusting planning schedule based on yields of raw components and communicates shortages to customer service team.
- Initiating purchasing improvements and cost reduction programs. Responsible for problem log (IOL) and unvouchered receipt problems related to items purchased.
- Work with demand planner to adjust forecasts to match current customer need and analyze related trends.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.