Reference : 587859
Regional Load Planner
- Supply Chain
- United States , Malvern , Malvern
- Posting date : 09/24/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/24/2021
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
New hires who are vaccinated against COVID-19 earn $500 bonus!
What’s the Job?
CertainTeed’s Roofing business unit is looking for a Regional Load Planner to support their transportation and supply chain within a specific geographic region, which will include all manufacturing sites within that region. This position will work within the established transportation network structure and cost guidelines, selecting modes and carriers. The candidate will collaborate with representatives of trucking and rail companies to achieve and maintain high service levels while controlling costs. The Regional Load Planner will perform freight and lane analysis to ensure the best use of the network and equipment, while monitoring carrier service. They will be responsible for the coordination and completion of freight claim processing, shipment freighting and other miscellaneous traffic paperwork administration. The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating re-consignments and returns with various carriers.
- Outbound load planning, maintain and updating carrier capacities, network optimization, including round trip and continuous move planning
- Carrier Communication – dispatch, service failures, route planning (Performance tracking)
- Service Failure Resolution – customer and plant problem resolution
- Working with various personnel throughout the business unit to manage additional shipment needs (marketing, engineering, plant storeroom, etc…)
- Claims processing, invoice approval through third party freight payment processor, spot assigns, and other transportation related administrative duties (Paperwork files, POD’s, etc…)
Travel: Limited, 20%
Reports to: Transportation Manager
Direct Reports: None
What do you bring?
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in an administrative, logistics, and/or customer service function is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Additional training and education in logistics, prior internship or experience in transportation is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Access. Strong computer literacy a must!
- Experience with SAP and Manhattan Associates TLM a plus.
- Must have keen attention to detail and coordination aptitude.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional team environment including customer service, logistics, and plant/shipping personnel.
- Strong problem resolution and critical thinking abilities a must.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.