Reference : 587639
- Supply Chain
- United States , Claremont , Claremont
- Posting date : 09/06/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States Claremont
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/06/2021
Starting Wage: $17.35/ hr for day shift, additional $.85/ hr shift differential for night shift; $2k retention bonus; Doubletime pay for unscheduled overtime; $2 bump in hourly wage until October 31; Great benefits!
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, this position is responsible for all warehouse stock keeping in the warehouse.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
This position must load, pull, crate and stock material as required, working within groups or individually as required.
· Maintain safety standards within the policy guidelines in a safe and orderly
· Must keep warehouse areas neat and organized at all times.
· Pull material from warehouse by using finished goods picking list accurately; reading
description, color, part number and matching accordingly using the Warehouse management system.
· Load material from staging onto trailers in a safe and organized manner. Must able to safely load product, secure product for transport without causing damage using proper placement of material, straps and airbags.
· Operate forklift within the policy guidelines in a safe and efficient manner.
· Work shifts or scheduled overtime as required.
· Rotate responsibilities within the plant or department regularly to maintain or learn new skills in all responsibilities of the job for further development.
· He /she is Responsible for filling out Daily Forklift/Sweeper checklist using our equipment management system or a paper checklist (if applicable) before operating a forklift/sweeper.
· Demonstrate the ability to complete the Daily Forklift Checklist before operating a forklift.
· Work within a group or individually as assigned when given a task by supervisor or group leader.
· Must complete training to use our warehouse management system required to process orders effectively, and maintain inventory accuracies.
· Complete any additional assignments as required by management based on business needs.
· Shipper I must be able to demonstrate basic responsibilities of Shipper including (1) Working knowledge of warehouse layout and pulling functions, (2) Demonstrate the ability to perform pulling & loading functions without errors (3) Complete 3 months service before moving to Shipper II.
· Shipper II must demonstrate (1) The ability to operate lift truck, (2) Lead/Drive for a three man picking team, (3) Use Warehouse management system required for Picking, Transfers and Moves, (4) Complete 6 months service before moving to Shipper III.
· Shipper III must demonstrate (1) The ability to train Shipper I and Shipper II or Contingent workers, (2) Use warehouse management system to Pick, Transfer or Move product (3) Process RMA’s, WDS’s, NMF’s and all associated paperwork in warehouse management system correctly.
· He/she must complete all required safety training and responsibilities such as Coastal , Stop, and TF reporting any other assigned task(s)
Starting Wage: $16.02 with increases based on performance every 90 days
Vision: Must be able to read letters and numbers and distinguish between colors.
Language: English – must have good verbal communication.
Hearing: Normal – Must be able to hear forklifts traveling in forward or reverse direction.
Range of Motion: Full repetitive bending and lifting.
Lifting Capacity: Must be able to lift 75-pounds box chest high.
Sitting/Standing: Eight hours standing and moving daily, possibility up to four hours overtime of standing and moving as required.
OSHA Requirements: Standard plant safety rules, lift truck training, also must wear any PPE as required.
Specific License Required: Material handling forklift license.
Basic computer skills required (Excel,Word, Outlook,etc)
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.