Reference : 586546
Transportation Analyst - Siding
- Supply Chain
- United States , Malvern , Malvern
- Posting date : 06/10/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/10/2021
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for transportation network analysis, service and cost performance reporting, supporting and creating carrier relationships, and achieving transportation cost and service goals for the Siding and Outdoor Living businesses. This person is also the Designated Super User for the Transportation Management System (TMS) responsible for data accuracy and data auditing. The Transportation Analyst maintains carrier scorecards, overall transportation network performance reporting, carrier rate analysis, and other key metrics. They are responsible for carrier network analysis and identifying opportunities to reduce costs and improve service through safe, accurate, and timely delivery of products. The Transportation Analyst reports to the Transportation Manager within Siding Products Group, which is a business unit within CertainTeed construction products.
- Supports carrier relationships through carrier scorecards, facilitating problem resolution and working directly with carrier contacts.
- Identifies potential sources for new capacity, improved service, or cost reductions and coordinates implementation and reporting with Transportation Manager.
- Supports carrier rate analysis and negotiations and handles all carrier onboarding activities.
- Develops and maintains key performance indicators and minimum standards to report carrier performance measurements and freight financial performance. Examples include: on time delivery, cost, billing/invoice accuracy, capacity commitment, claims, monthly freight financial metrics, and supplier procedural compliance with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Assists with continuous improvement efforts for 6 Sigma, work-out or other continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for various monthly and weekly financial reports and industry trend analysis and forecasting.
- Leadership Support for Traffic Planners related to problem resolution, market analytics, and system improvements.
- As the superuser for TMS, manages open tickets related to TMS, including user setup and configuration and all data audits. Recommends improvements to transportation systems to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Is the super-user for SAP: Owner of all shipment documents and related processes. Subject matter expert as it relates to transportation. Responsible for requesting, follow-up, and testing of transportation-related service tickets inclusive of incident reporting and change requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business or other related discipline.
- Three to Five years in a logistics related field with demonstrated analytical capabilities in a medium volume manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Ability to work independently to meet established deadlines.
- Strong systems aptitude, with experience in ERP, Warehouse Management and/or Transportation Management systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Very good MS Excel skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.