Reference : 586225
Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain
- United States , Malvern , Malvern
- Posting date : 05/14/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/14/2021
The Supply Chain Analyst is primarily responsible for aspects and components needed to design and procure a balanced, safe, cost effective and service-focused transportation network as each relates to the supply chain. The person in this role will be required to provide distribution network analysis, carrier performance reporting, and rate management support. They will perform the daily activities associated with timely and accurate data management in the Transportation Management System. They will develop and maintain carrier scorecards, overall transportation network performance, and handle general reporting. This position will recommend improvements to all transportation systems to enhance operational effectiveness along with automating reports and other processes to improve efficiency. The Supply Chain Analyst will translate operational needs into technical improvements and will assist with continuous improvement efforts and all continuous improvement projects
- Logistics Analyst-Supply chain monthly tracking and reporting. Freight benchmarking and other ad-hoc reporting. Freight financial analysis (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually). Carrier KPI creation and maintenance
- Systems- TMS and SAP super-user. Responsible for requesting, follow-up and testing of transportation related service tickets for all systems. SAP subject matter expert as it relates to transportation
- Process improvement -Analyze and recommend improvements on subjects pertinent to transportation. Completes analysis to identify trends and/or lost opportunity costs to ensure transportation cost objectives are being met.
- Process improvement initiatives which is focused on service, working capital and cost.
- Carrier Management- Carrier compliance and relationship management. Rate assistance with carrier comps, rate assistance, bid validation and finalization. Working with Central Purchasing with bids
- Provide back up to Traffic Managers as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, operations or business administration or alternative business experience preferred.
- 4 years transportation, procurement, accounting or operations management experience
- Hands-on experience with mainstream TMS systems required, BPCS, SAP, APO and ERP systems desired.
- Communication Skills are required as well as excellent written and presentation skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and the ability to work as a project team contributor as well as independently are required.
- Directness in providing plan execution requirements is mandatory.
- Analytical Skills
- Personal computer skills such as Windows and MS Office, Excel
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.