Reference : 588130
International Distribution Coordinator
- Supply Chain
- United States , San Diego , San Diego
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
- Supply Chain
- United States San Diego
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/13/2021
The Saint-Gobain Solar Gard International Distribution Coordinator successfully manages orders from international distributors and industrial customers by ensuring accurate and timely order entry and championing on time in full shipments. This position coordinates closely the needs of internal (Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality, Shipping & Receiving, Marketing, R&D) and external customers to process and ship orders meeting customer expectations. This position also coordinates the replenishment shipments of Saint-Gobain Solar Gard North America based Service Centers and international locations to achieve availability goals.
Essential Responsibilities of the Position (includes the following; other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Active participation in workplace safety programs and works to achieve personal goals while contributing positively to the work environment and behaviors.
- Coordinates and manages orders for all international distributors and industrial customers with accurate and timely order entry while following established lead times and delivery date guidelines for on time delivery in full (OTIF) measurement.
- Has proactive communication with internal and external customers to meet customer needs and regional manager directives that support sales growth. Active member of the planning team.
- Facilitates the development of quotations and associated critical elements including parts, prices, profit margin goals, delivery schedules, packing and marking instructions and shipment terms and conditions.
- Responsible for the maintenance of customer correspondence, purchase orders, and shipping documents.
- Support Sales and Marketing with information for feasibility, pricing, sales history, order status and other data required for effective operation of these functions.
- Responsible for International and Industrial Accounts receivable (A/R) collections.
- Reports monthly performance for On Time Delivery (OTD), On Time to Promise (OTP), and On time in Full (OTIF), works with planning team to understand causes and develop corrective actions as necessary to achieve these metrics. Monitor and improve delivery performance so as to attain the annual on time delivery goal established by the business.
- Assist as necessary the Demand Planning Manager with monthly reports for Supply Chain department’s metrics, and provide feedback including areas for improvement as well as positive outcomes for the month.
- Adheres to all Company policies when handling customer calls.
- Investigate problems with orders, resolve and provide feedback to customer as well as Management.
- Manage difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Maintains a team spirit across functions. Fosters customer-centric behavior and communication with all team members.
- Develops ISO procedures, to ensure sustainability of work processes.
- Interact with Senior Management, both internally and externally.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement Process by processing customer warranties and complaints and helping bring clarity for the issues which need to be addressed by the Quality and Operations teams.
Internal Company replenishment coordination
- Supports Demand Planning Manager in daily availability reporting and executes recovery and expedite actions to support regional availability needs.
- Coordinates the weekly and bi-monthly replenishments of Global Service Centers by assessing needs and creating deliveries while utilizing available stock to meet customer commitments and regional availability goals.
- Prioritizes regional material requests and works with production planning to determine availability commitment dates and independently follows through with regions as necessary.
- Works to reduce company freight costs by utilizing the most cost effective shipping methods while meeting regional customer needs.
- Coordinates stock transfers between the sites as necessary to seize opportunities or address slob issues.
Essential Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a customer service center environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with international customers (Asia, Europe, Africa, Latin America, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work load, set goals, and communicate the vision for customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and inventory control methods.
- Enhanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, SAP or similar ERP software, and Salesforce or similar CRM software.
- Exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.