Reference : 567986
Sales Manager, Western North America
- Posting date : 05/03/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/03/2019
Saint-Gobain Surface Conditioning is seeking an experienced, goal-oriented sales manager to join our organization and help us grow. In this role you will cover a selected group of accounts and key territories across Western North America, with a home office located at our site in Anaheim, California. You will sell a variety of products such as alumina, diamonds, slurries, cleaners, coolant and compounds whose applications are found in many industries including those of electronics, automotive, semiconductor, hard crystals, glass and ceramics. While the primary responsibility is to consistently increase territory sales and market share, you should maintain current awareness of innovations, customer processing systems, and future expansion plans in diverse industries to respond to increased sales opportunities. Knowing your customer needs and possessing the ability to communicate these back to business, product, and lab management will be crucial for enabling (new) product development & ensuring high customer retention as well as market share growth.
If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, allows you to drive your own career, and employs talented people who are committed to designing and manufacturing materials contributing to the future of us all, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
As a Sales Manager, your main goal is to grow sales in your territory. To achieve this, we are looking for someone who:
• Applies expert selling skills to manage & grow sales in North America by promoting and supporting products from the Surface Conditioning product portfolio
• Establishes sales strategy with a strong focus on relevant applications and sales channels to enable market share growth
• Is a team builder and coach of learning sellers – you work closely with & provide sales supervision and leadership to Saint-Gobain Abrasives sales managers who Surface Conditioning cooperates with.
• Contacts, calls on and develops incremental business opportunities with key accounts while developing and maximizing opportunities with new and existing customers.
• Is a “go – getter” - Develops, maintains and enhances strong customer and distributor relationships, utilizing company resources such as management visits, customer visits, and special events to achieve favorable impact on sales and advance selling efforts.
• Is a positive change agent - implements & establishes sales programs for key customers to incite new business
• Resolves customer issues and cultivate relationships. Prepares and presents formal proposals. Executes pre-planned and organized sales calls.
• Is data driven - Analyzes and provides timely and accurate market information regarding pricing situations and status of competitive activities and products, relative to the success of strategies and programs for the territory.
• Builds sales budget for his/her territory in collaboration with Business Managers and Sales Director
• Is accountable - Maintains excellent up-to-date record system in Salesforce for accounts, products, and distributors. Communicates promptly to customer’s, coworkers & management.
• Administers accounts in full accord with business ethics and policies, assuring that operating costs are held within budget
• High degrees of self-discipline, self-motivation, enthusiasm, communication and professionalism are absolutely essential.
• Talented all around communicator via phone, e-mail and in person. Ability to effectively exchange and create a free flow of information with and among various stakeholders & partners at all levels of the organization to produce impactful outcomes. Must possess strong sales and presentation skills.
• Well-developed organizational influence skills with the ability to work with people at all levels within the organization. Ability to promptly communicate verbally and in writing, convey leadership, solves multifaceted problems, and operates with consistency.
• Sales and Service oriented and possess strong organizational skills, as well as be thorough, detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Solid problem solving skills and good questioning techniques to address both internal and external customer issues. Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
Not required but beneficial experience includes:
• Skills equivalent to a Bachelor of Science Degree with an MBA, or equivalent, desirable.
• Technical proficiency in abrasives, slurry and chemical technology as well as surface finishing / polishing experience (slicing, grinding, lapping & polishing)
• Proficiency in SalesForce
Who are we ?
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.