Reference : 572053
- Posting date : 09/11/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/11/2019
Reporting to the Manager, National Accounts North America, the Territory Manager, National Accounts will be responsible for managing key accounts in the National Accounts MSO/Special Projects team. Emphasis is on managing large key end user networks, while working with our sales team and management. The “Strategic Account Manager” will be responsible for retaining SGA’s (Saint-Gobain Abrasives) key collision shop customers. They will maintain and ensure SGA, our distributors, and customers are delivering on all elements of the business agreement with their predefined customer base.
- Create a mechanism to measure SGA’s (Saint-Gobain Abrasives) performance to our promised deliverables
- Periodically re-assessing the customer need to refine the evolving company-wide strategic plan.
- Setting of reasonable KPI goals company-wide and per location
- Monthly tracking of necessary data to analyze performance
- Collaborate to jointly create a strategic plan
- A consistent strategic focus should be on plans to optimize material gross profit
- Provide in depth consultative support relative to top line sales, estimate’s, company-wide SOP’s, and their internal leadership development to be a part of the customer’s long term success
- Facilitate process improvement roundtables with key staff, as required
- Coordinate periodic meetings to review the strategic account plan, their goals and the milestones.
- As customers or locations are added, to lead the conversion effort and solicit the distribution resources to help in the effort
Following the conversion, to lead the process of getting them set up with the value-added resources SGA provides
The ideal Strategic Account Manager candidate should be an experienced sales professional with a strong track record with achievement in sales and customer support within the Automotive Refinish/ Collision Repair Industry. She/he also needs to have a strong technical understanding for repairing a vehicle from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or an Engineering and/or at least 5+ years of progressive technical sales experience in automotive refinishing applications
- Must be willing and able to demonstrates effective written, oral communication, and presentation skills in order to train distributors and end-users
- Effectively uses collaborative approach to problem solving
- Has an in depth knowledge of collision repair process
- Has well developed project management skills to be able to manage multiple projects for each of the customers they are assigned
- Competent computer skills, proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Can sit anyplace, USA as long as you are driving distance to a major airport
- Demonstrates and fosters teamwork with peers and other resources to meet customer needs
- Possesses self-discipline and maintains effective performance in unstructured and autonomous conditions
- Presents oneself in professional manner throughout all levels of the organization
- Motivates distribution personnel to accomplish business goals
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the UK. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.