Reference : 587766
West Coast Technical Services Manager – Business Development, Bioprocess Solutions
- United States , California , Solon
- Posting date : 09/15/2021
- United States Solon
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/15/2021
This is a remote position based in the West Coast, USA.
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Technical Service Manager is responsible for the introduction and expansion of Bioprocess Solutions product lines within assigned geography. This position will also be responsible for the creation, development, and implementation of project plans and strategies to increase sales and maximize operating profits. They will support existing and new product deployment within the market to provide end users with optimized solutions to enhance their manufacturing process capabilities.
Sales and Customer Project Support activities
Consultative/Sales & Advisory Support at the end-user level; provide in depth, hands-on product knowledge to the customers in the assigned region for company’s Single Use products/services including Filter and filtration product/service offering; provide technical assistances to Key Projects/LVO’s identified in the assigned territory.
Train BDMs, Distributor sales, Channel partners and other interested parties in the nuances and benefits of single-use technologies/products/services and our capabilities.
New Product Development activities
Communicate with cross functional teams to promote new product development programs, marketing campaigns, operational efficiencies, strategic planning processes and any other overall business initiatives or improvements.
Complexity of Role
- Responsible for the introduction of Single-Use life science products/systems/services within assigned region.
- Apply application expertise to enhance and streamline end user manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for the development of project plans to increase adoption of single-use systems and products within life science market.
- Work closely with Sales and other cross functional teams as required to provide support for key projects/LVO's in the assigned territories.
- Provide training, on-site demonstrations, and technical support to end users, sales and marketing team, and new employees as required.
- Assist in the generation of new product ideas, new product development, and commercialization of new products.
- Responsible to profile application specific development bulletins to assist global team in deploying "best in practice" solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is required.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering or other advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, applications, R&D, Sales and/other related roles, with exposure to Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Customer care/interaction is required
- Strong knowledge of Biopharmaceutical industry and its processes, and the associated products and services is required
- Experienced in human relations with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of engineering aptitude in the bioprocessing industry (i.e., Pharmaceutical process engineering, OEM bioprocess equipment design/engineering).
- High level of bioprocessing knowledge including different stages of biopharmaceutical manufacturing (including upstream and downstream) processes and understand different trends in the market.
- Knowledge of custom fabrication and standard product project management, read/write technical process diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tool programs.
- Project Management skills.
- >50% of travel required. Primarily customer visits, customer audits, as well as internal meetings and trade shows.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate honesty and high integrity consistently to build respect and trust.
- Inspire others via value-based behavior achieved by purposeful, powerful, meaningful, and passionate communication.
- Demonstrate exceptional listening skills.
- Work independently and as part of a global team.
Communicating and Influencing Skills
- Fluent in English, spoken and written (another European language is a plus)
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Customer and relationship focused.
- High level of ingenuity and creativity to solve technical issues to commercial success.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.