Reference : 587719
Market Development Manager
- United States , Solon , Solon
- Posting date : 09/11/2021
- United States Solon
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/11/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Market Development Manager will be part of a newly formed team within the Life Sciences division of Saint Gobain that is working on innovation roadmaps for new products, services and business models that will help accelerate future growth of the business by identifying and seeding opportunities today.
The Market Development Manager will be responsible for
Engaging with Customers
- Across a broad market spectrum from biopharmaceuticals and medical device to food and beverage and next generation agriculture
- To understand fast growing market trends and specific unmet needs in the markets
- To identify market niches that fit with Life Sciences Strategy
- To identify and build relationships with customers for co-development of new products specific to the customer, but with a broader market viability
- To commercialize new products that address market satisfaction gaps
Building Cross-Functional Partnerships
- To work with internal and external technical teams to understand the new concepts that can satisfy the customer needs
- To develop specifications for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- To work with prototype teams to develop and test the prototypes
- To work with marketing team to clearly define value proposition that addresses the needs of the customer
- To work with multiple business units within Life Sciences division to leverage existing products in new markets or towards new solutions
Planning for Future growth
- By helping solve market needs with innovative solutions around material, design or material processing
- By helping develop go to market strategy by developing and suggesting innovative and pertinent business model, partnerships etc.
The ideal person will feel comfortable hunting for new, exciting avenues for growth where we may not have products or services to offer today. An entrepreneurial mind-set and operating mode are strongly desired skill-sets in this role. The ability to work independently, but also within teams will be essential to success. The candidate will need to be flexible and adaptive, comfortable in learning and developing working knowledge in a variety of markets within Life Sciences, be able to build customer and internal relationships, and to be both an advocate for the customer, and the business.
4-year degree in Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Business or related field (Engineering preferred)
5+ years in a Sales or Business Development role or Marketing with strong customer relationship management skills
Technical understanding of product development cycle
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent communication, presentation, computer, and organizational skills
MSc, MBA preferred
Knowledge of CRM e.g. Sales Force preferred
Who are we ?
Who We Are
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.