Reference : 571297
Customer Service Representative
- Posting date : 08/09/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/09/2019
Accountability Objective: Daily execution of day-to-day tasks involving customer account activities for the Garden Grove Life Science business as assigned by Customer Service Manager.
Nature of Scope: Management of designated customer accounts & relationships. Process sales order via Customer purchase orders, ensuring appropriate contract review and system entry. Provide support via phone and email regarding; lead-time, availability, technical support and shipping information. Act as a liaison with operations, and field sales for Customer related priorities. Must take ownership of assigned accounts, client relations and order entry for those accounts.
- Receive & process order requests from customers via email, fax and customer portals. Complete Customer Service contract review on each order to insure accuracy and that the requirements can be fulfilled.
- Provide order support via phone and email regarding order or quote inquiries, expedite requests, returns and order status initiated by customers.
- Coordinate priority orders with Planning Department
- Serve as primary SG contact for assigned customers. Act as liaison between customers and internal operations, and field sales personnel regarding required information related to customer orders and inquiries. Must always maintain good customer contact & relationships.
- Generate and maintain work order related reports as required or directed
- Review and resolve customer credit related issues. Insure customers are off credit hold at order entry and shipping transactions.
- Minimum of 2-year college degree in a business discipline. A bachelor’s degree is desired.
- 3-4 years’ customer service experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal is required. Must display good telephone etiquette in a heavy request volume environment.
- Excellent organizational skills are required. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced/heavy pressure environment.
- Ability to type at a minimum speed of 50 WPM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially in MS Word, Excel & Outlook is required.Working knowledge of order entry database systems. QAD experience is a plus.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.