Reference : 563621
Inside Technical Sales Specialist
- Posting date : 12/19/2018
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 12/19/2018
The Inside Technical Sales Specialist is a significant role within Saint-Gobain designed to generates revenue by driving co-development projects and their transition from concept to commercial manufacturing status, soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements; providing technical information; developing accounts. This role will have the responsibility for managing and achieving an assigned sales budget with specific customers, responding to technical and application questions, proactively engaging prospective end-user accounts, OEM’s and select distributors. The Inside Technical Sales Specialist will lay the initial foundation for each sales lead through the establishment of the customer relationship. The person in this role will navigate and organize the internal resources of the organization to present initial solution options to the prospective customer and guide the relationship through the strategic sales process with the global sales team. Weekly interface with China requiring non-traditional, home-based evening work.
The role requires multi-tasking on many different levels in a commercial/sales capacity for the Filtration Technologies business. Leveraging CRM system and sales metrics to optimize performance and identify growth areas. Major objectives are:
- Utilizes Strategic Selling process and Salesforce.com CRM to qualify and identify leads; converting leads to sales opportunities. Includes: creating, measuring and maintaining customer data: reporting results and initiating action on behalf of customers.
- Working independently and with the field sales team generates revenue by piloting multiple co-development projects and their transition from concept into a commercial manufacturing status (technology transfer)
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Closes new business opportunities by answering telephone, and e-mail inquiries; verifying and entering all information into Salesforce.com CRM.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to Customer Service for fulfillment; communicating expected delivery date; explaining stock-outs.
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Manages Key Accounts as assigned by Global Sales Director
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Chemical Engineering. Overall experience must include at least four (4) years of Field or Inside Sales selling experience within Life Sciences. An added plus is three or more years’ experience with technical or Single-Use products, as well as, proficiency with complex sales and profitable management of key accounts; SaleForce CRM-ready.
Strong ability to work with varied array of customers, specify products, help identify and quantify opportunities for business. May involve small degree of travel to visit with customers and distributors. Ability to work on a cross-functional basis with the internal organization. A degree of prospecting, cold calling, and persuasion may be required in the role as per Strategic Selling and LAMP approaches.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world.
Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.